2D Animated spritesheets...anyone interested?

ChrisV

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this fits in this thread, but here it goes. biggrin.png

I'm wondering if there would be great interest for 2D animated spritesheets to use in the Leadwerks engine?

Currently, I've made almost two hundred animated spritesheets, in a variety of themes (explosions, light FX, smoke, special FX, liquids, and a lot more...), and I'll be making a lot more.

Here are just a few of my creations (scaled down in size). The original are 768x768, with each frame being 128x128, but I can change their sizes if needed.

a.png

b.png

c.png

I would give some packs for free, and probably also sell themed packs for a small price.

Comments are appreciated. Thanks. smile.png

Cheers

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Actually this would be great! I think just a couple free basic packs like an explosion and like, a sparkle or something would be good, and the rest be for money. Not too much though, just a buck or two for each pack.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

I support these in my engine so could use these now. I have my own design source for these but I think there would be market for them.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I think there would only be a market if you sold them each .99 or 1.99, and if you make a bunch of packs, say, explosions with 5 different explosion sprites and sold it for 4.99.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 gigs ram, 3.30GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX 460 one gig, Leadwerks 2.5, Blender 2.62, Photoshop CS3, UU3D

Thanks guys for the nice comments and suggestions. smile.png

The idea is to make such spritepacks (each a different theme) with 10 to 20 spritesheets in one pack, and sell 'em for between 3.00 and 5.00 euros. (3.00 euro = 2.49 GBP or 3.97 USD)

I would also provide a small program I made to view the sprites animated.

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

• 1 month later...

One option is to cut the whole texture to frames and put it into a pak(optional but make sense for smaller file) and make a class with the ,I don't know lets say 24 textures, as an array and make it like for a animation with a frame value ( caus you need a integer for the frame when you write texture[frame] ,use the AppTime function like this:

if(AppTime() > timer)
{
frame++;
timer = AppTime() + /* now the delay in millisecs*/ 100;
}

The second option is to make a kind of grid and a second buffer.The you render the actuall textureframe to the buffer with the given gridpoint for the x,y like DrawImage(t_explosion,X,Y,256,-256); .So you make a kind of cameraspot for the individual frames.