Grouping with Leadwerks Editor

fuego

Hi!

Is it possible to make grouping with leadwerks editor? May be if I tell what I mean by "grouping" and why I want to have it, it would give you a better chance of understanding this.

For example, I want to export a bookshelf from 3D Studio Max to Leadwerks Editor. But I don't want this bookshelf to be solid, I want my books to be effected from wind and hits came to it, and may be some books to fall down when shels is shaken hardly. I have found a solution for this as exporting a few book models from 3D studio and put them to a signle bookshelf model with size and texture variations.

But, I want to add this whole entity (bookshelf with books as separate bodies/models) to LE as one item in the models tree. Would it be possible? Or is there a way to export them from 3D Studio Max as separate physical bodies in one export? I have tried not to attach all books and bookshelf, but this time models became scrumbled up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the fast response Lumooja. Would you do it by exporting all small meshes one by one from 3D Studio MAX? So everytime I want to make another shelf would I be have to put books into the bookshelf from scratch? My question is would it possible to define a group of this bookshelf (including seperate physical bodies of books and shelf model) form the LE?

Thanks

have you sent Josh an email requesting forum access since you are a registered SDK owner? see this post: Needing Access. make sure you send him all of your relevent info like name, registration key, email used in forum if different than used for purchasing, etc...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel