tutorial request

cassius

I have been searching for a tutorial which features an enemy character and its movement code without any luck. If someone could supply one it would probably be apreciated by several of us,even if the "enemy" was only a cube.Thanks.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

That's probably because its actually a fairly complicated thing involving path finding (even if its just a simple system), line of sight and some sort of AI algorithm. There are plenty of tutorials on the individual components that go to make up such systems which people tend to research in order to put their own combinations of things together to suit their individual game requirements.

Of course you can go for simpler static type systems where the enemy are pretty much based in set positions and simply attack the player as he comes upon them. If they are in open spaces simply emerging from behind cover then there isn't the need for complicated path finding systems, the enemy instead just heads straight for the player and engages, or if the player avoids conflict then give up fairly quickly and are respawned at their cover positions once the player has left the area.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I wouln't expect a complex pathfinding tutorial, just an enemy character that moves in the direction of the player when at a certain distance.

I know how to move a enemy character toward the player using pointentity and moveentity but as the character has a controller I ned to know how to do it using a pivot and updatecontroller.Its the angle parameter of updatecontroller I am stuck with. I don't know how to arrive at a value for this parameter. I have been given some code fragments by some of the community( thanks) but nnot enough to fully understand it.