moving without moveentity

cassius

Can you be more specific? Below is the essential code I use for controlling my skeletons. Works pretty well except for the running into stuff and use of too many constants.

PointEntity(enemy_pivot,player_pivot);
turn = EntityRotation(enemy_pivot).Y;
move = 3.5f;
UpdateController(controller,turn,move,0,0,10);

That looks fine. Thanks. I have had no problem using moveentity with enemy controllers but I heard that its not the proper way so I thought "why not ask."

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I haven't encountered many problems using moveentity with controllers . My enemy characters knock over oildrums and suchlike in a natural way.I just want to use the correct methods because they ARE the correct way.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Controllers don't actually use the real physics simulation, though. The reason for this is because the character physics have no concept of rotation. If you introduce rotation, you have to have compensating forces that keep the character upright, and those always cause unwanted effects. This is why most character controllers built into physics libraries are usually really bad. The lead dev from Amnesia/Penumbra recommended I do it this way, and it was a good idea.

So it's probably safe to move a controller with the entity positioning commands.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.