Exporting via 3ds max problem.

DigitalHax

I have recently tried exporting a model to leadwerks via the 3ds max tools, and it is encountering an error. I am using max 2012, the model works fine, but I just don't know what I should do. I could always use blender for small precision modeling, it's just I just spend about 250 for leadwerks and I am not to keen on spending more for UU3D pro.

What do you all think?

Thanks.

Win7 64bit, Leadwerks SDK 2.5, Visual Studio 2012, 3DWS, 3ds Max, Photoshop CS5.

Life is too short to remove USB safely.

I think UU3D is worth buying, especially if you plan to use outsourced models, which may come in various different formats, or applications from which you cant export directly to GMF or have lacking FBX support,... and it's only like 60$ where 3dmax is around 5000$, and I had more success getting workable things out of UU3D than I did from max..

Indeed, your FBX converter is VERY reliable. But generating the FBX has proven to be somewhat un-reliable by most apps that claim to be FBX compatible.

I admit the support has much improved but I still have a bunch of max files that don't want to export to FBX correctly, but had success with intermediary formats such as .X or .SMD... Not everything you can do in max is fbx-exportable, so you have to be careful in the way you build and animate your model as I have found out. Max displays most of the warnings and errors when exporting, which is sometimes helpful, but some cases still don't produce any warnings..

I have recently tried exporting a model to leadwerks via the 3ds max tools, and it is encountering an error. I am using max 2012, the model works fine, but I just don't know what I should do. I could always use blender for small precision modeling, it's just I just spend about 250 for leadwerks and I am not to keen on spending more for UU3D pro.

What do you all think?

Thanks.

Convert model to EditPoly

Select all vertices

Press "Remove isolated vertices"

90% - it will helps

• Upvote 1

"Better" is big enemy of "good"