Game Big Five Hunter (Arcade)

Gilmer

This is very cool. I was born in South Africa so I grew up seeing animals like this and going on Safari in holidays. I've seen all the big five many times in my life. This is very very cool. It captures the feel very well. nice work.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys :)

more news I'll post here.

Scott Richmond:

This game will be released for arcades, firstly here at Brazil. If everything occurs nice, will se about others countrys.

We begin to develop it around one year ago, but just in february now, we'll can finalize it.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the collision is what Marley's Ghost has been talking about: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/4482-linepicks-and-veg-layers/

Vegetation layers are blocking traces even though their collision is set to 0. Either Josh fixes it or you do away with using vegetation layers. Unless you meant the random animals running through some of the tree's.

Everything looks good. Some of the animal running animations look too slow. The dust particles could be smaller for their running and add in particles when they are collapsing to the ground (about as large, or larger, than their current running particles). Need some bullet hit impacts with the environment and maybe the animals (you said arcade, so maybe no the animals/blood).

That's all I got, good work.

Thanks Paul, really we can think about the particles when they are collapsing to the ground.

But actually I'm having a little problem with a performance. I have did some tests using two different video cards, and I not noted difference in the FPS.

I run the game between a geForce GTX 460 and a geForce GTX 550ti, and the FPS not increase. But is not in everything nivels, just in two or three nivels that have this problem. The FPS stay around 19~20 on this nivels, but in others run normally.

Someone know if have very difference bewteen this two video cards? I bought the GTX 550ti thinking that I'll have a lot increase with the FPS.

You're using static camera positions, you could take advantage of that and alter the level design. For example, at around 0:37, you could be using a billboard in the distance instead of sculpting hills. Would most likely have a better visual result as well, depending on how well the art could be done for it, but overall it would let you decrease the size of the terrain. I'm not sure how much performance you'd gain from doing that but it's better than nothing.

How are you handling the animals once they are out of view? You can again take advantage of static camera positions and never actually delete the animal, but instead hide and move them to another location just to run into view again. Animals that run out of view without dying can be recycled in the same way (be sure to reset their health points too on all of these animals being recycled).

Other than sneaky art trickery on the level design you may need to investigate the animal meshes, see if they could be optimized, not sure if you purchased these animals or made them yourself.

That's about all I can think of for the moment, maybe someone else will have more tips.