[Solved] Problem on different PC (Failed to Load Texture)

Road Kill Kenny

Hi I am having an issue sometimes when copying my game to by another computer.

When I run the .exe it fails to load all the textures and then crashes because it tried to use a texture that failed to load. I don't understand why its not loading the textures because after looking in the folder the textures are in the exact file path mentioned in the console.

Here's the wierd thing, it doesn't do this when I copy it to my Wife's computer and in the past I have copied the game to my Brother's computer and the same textures have successfully loaded. In fact I just tested that old exe which used the last Leadwerks build and it worked. However, I have not changed the abstract path or in fact anything to do with these textures since the last time. Could it possibly have something to do with the latest LeadWerks release?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Mine & my wife's computer have ATI cards and my bro has an NVidea

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

Could you post the part of the log where the texture load is listed, also the code where you set the abstract path and load the texture (alternatively the material file)

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

Ok but it's not the abstract path that is the problem. This has worked in the past on many other machines and I haven't changed the abstract path since then.

GPU is NVidea 8600GT 512MB with the latest NVidea drivers. I have heard that that driver has had problems causing things to crash just wondering if that is the case.

The attached file basically shows a whole bunch of failing texture loads. The paths that the textures are being found from are exactly right. I checked them manually.

p.s. these are textures for a menu so no material files

Engine.rar

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

I have been told by a few that possibly it is a problem with the latest NVidea driver. Apparently the new beta NVidea driver fixes this. Haven't been able to confirm.

Either way I don't think you should need to download a beta driver to solve this. Hopefully doesn't happen too often. Kinda makes me think the current NVidea driver should be beta lol.

Will let you know what happens when I try it.

It sounds like you are missing a file and have some code that doesn't check to see if a file was loaded. I've never heard of the engine failing to load a texture.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It sounds like you are missing a file and have some code that doesn't check to see if a file was loaded. I've never heard of the engine failing to load a texture.

I had 3 computers in a room, 1 on which I work on. Copied the entire folder over to the other computers without changing anything. It worked on the one with an ATI card and not on the one with the NVidea card. And of course it worked on mine which also has an ATI card.

However, it failed on the one with the NVidea...... It is very odd yes I agree.

I checked the file paths and I checked that all the files are there. It is not just failing to load one texture... it is failing to load every single texture for my menu system and if I look in the folder they are all there.

Unfortunately this is not the problem. If it was I would be happy because I could fix it easily but alas it is not. Unfortunately I can't update that graphics driver right now because that computer is somewhere else. I'm hoping its just an isolated issue.

Are you using Roads?

If yes, there was a bug with NVidia Driver and the Leadwerks Roads. To get rid of this problem you might need to install the latest beta driver from nvidia.

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

• 2 weeks later...