FPS Creator Models -> Leadwerks Models

ChudStuddley

I want to import some models from FPS Creator that I have but I don't know how. Can anyone make a tutorial or explain to me how? I'm not much of a Model artist more so a texture one so I have no clue what to do I.E Animations for characters and guns.

Thanks everyone in advance,

-Vampire

• Upvote 1

Most people use ultimate unwrap pro to convert characters to gmf format. Also not all tgc model packs can be converted. Pack 21 and the zombie pack are ok though.If you search you will find earlier threads on this subject

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

You have to write a own version of fpscontroller.lua ,because for example the gun and the hands are seperate models and they aren't animated as the models in the FPSC Pack.

You can try to replace the gun model ,delete the hands and write a little animation class or something like that to play the animations.

You have to write a own version of fpscontroller.lua ,because for example the gun and the hands are seperate models and they aren't animated as the models in the FPSC Pack.

You can try to replace the gun model ,delete the hands and write a little animation class or something like that to play the animations.

Oh dear I'm not entirely sure I can do that lol, Any tips on finding the animations of the gun? I'm fearful as to how many there are :>

There is a text file included with each pack which defines the animations along with a load of other parameters. All you need are the start and end frame numbers for the animations you are interested in and feed those through to the animate command. Worth checking out the Leadwerk's tutorial on animation first so you understand the basics before attempting to modify existing code.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

There is a text file included with each pack which defines the animations along with a load of other parameters. All you need are the start and end frame numbers for the animations you are interested in and feed those through to the animate command. Worth checking out the Leadwerk's tutorial on animation first so you understand the basics before attempting to modify existing code.

Yeah I think I'll do that because I tried modifying the FPSController.lua to have no gun and I can't move or look around lol.

Worth checking out the Leadwerk's tutorial on animation first so you understand the basics before attempting to modify existing code.

Wise words. To be able the hack/modify existing code, you have to know at the very least, the basics of what the code is and does, in regard to the language it is coded in and the Leadwerks API.

post-12-0-72637000-1326282469_thumb.jpg

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Wise words. To be able the hack/modify existing code, you have to know at the very least, the basics of what the code is and does, in regard to the language it is coded in and the Leadwerks API.

post-12-0-72637000-1326282469_thumb.jpg

Can you post the .lua file for that? If its working of course, That would help me immensely :)

Can you post the .lua file for that? If its working of course

Its just a hacked version of the fpscontroller.lua found in the SDK with what was not needed removed. It was simply used to load the Bow HUD rig and position, scale and parent it to the player.

That would help me immensely

Actually, no it would not, which was kind of the point to my reply, "you have to know at the very least, the basics of what the code is and does, in regard to the language it is coded in and the Leadwerks API." My advice to new users is to start off simply with the basics, go through all the tutorials, then browse both this forum and the old forum, simply looking through at what others were trying to do and how that was achieved, even go through the wiki API command list one at a time to see what does what and experiment with the small examples. Handing you a hastily hacked version of the fpscontroller.lua will leave you with more questions than answers without that basic understanding,

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

THANKS YOU GUYS:D:D you are all so awesome...

finally made my decisions to buy UU3D Pro.

within 48 hours I'm the lucky person who has the great piece of software :D

also I had already 20 FPSC model packs (because I was a FPSC X9 + X10 developer before I became smart ;) )

you guys just rock ;)

Cheers!

Marley's reply on first glance may seem harsh but I would completely agree with him. Just being handed solutions to requirements you have really teaches you nothing. Research, understand, code and test will get you to where you need to be and will make any future modification of your own code easy, as you completely understand it. Believe me ... you will end up modifing and refining your code so many times as you progress you'll lose count wink.png

Good luck with the model conversions Dennis. UU3D is a great tool for what is really such a small investment.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++