Shadows LOD :

YouGroove

Shadows are the most intensive GPU lot of times in games, but some bunch of games are clevelr done and use some good optimisations with shadows.

For example if i would want to make some village , i would want shadows to be activated only at some distance for building and perhaps with some progressive distance of display or some LOD.

Just like in lot of optimised games (Oblivion series already used that trick also), so will we have that possible on LE3D ?

Stop toying and make games

I think macklebee means: EntityShadowRange and EntityShadowMode

So yeah, it's already possible in LE2.

To me it seems like you just request random things for L3D. Things which are already possible in LE2 or things that would make L3D into a GameCreator instead of a good GameEngine.

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

It would be nice if we could setup more than 3 stages for shadow distance & linear offset [6 would do :P] But maybe not if it hits performance too much, I know they can be changed during runtime for personal preferences as an alternative

To me it seems like you just request random things for L3D. Things which are already possible in LE2 or things that would make L3D into a GameCreator instead of a good GameEngine.

We have already discussed a lot about LE3D and script , i didn't ask some FPS Creator or beginner game making tool.

I don't know how Lua scripting will be in Lua for LE3D, it seems it won't be any game framework.

I didn't dig lot more LE2 due to that i wanted some game framework and the possibility to make templates ready to "attach" to entities like in

some other engines.

It seems it won't be the direction and i'll have even with LE3D to create my own game framework and entitie loop management, so i'm ok with it.

I'll just do it in C++ with LE2 and adapt it to LE3D.

I don't have read shadows techniques and LE2 , it was just a question and these techniques EntityShadowRange and EntityShadowMode

seems to be what i seek for.

I was think more in some linear offset in some sort, as you come near a buimlding , the shadows extends progressively to become complete in

the far distance when you are completely near the building !

Stop toying and make games