RickySays 1.0

Rick

910 score but I stopped playing at that point. That's also when it finally gave me a blue after only giving me the other 3. Which made think: should it be coded in that if a color isn't picked after a certain number of steps that it's automatically added? Probably. Maybe even that a color won't come up more than 3 or so times in a row. Things you wouldn't immediately think about.

Want to get even more crazy? Factor in how simple the pattern is for the score. For example, it it was 5 blues then 5 reds, that's worth less than 10 "more random" colors because it's easier to remember, no? But that's just a silly idea and I probably wouldn't implement it myself.

@mummbles, is this video sped up because that's going way to fast than it should be, which sort of tells me that's why the sound isn't playing. Do you overclock something on your machine or something? I'm using Lua's os.clock() for my timers to handle all of this so I would think it should be the same for everyone, but I'm betting it's something around the speed.

@gamecreator, thanks for the thoughts. I'll look into the color selection and tweak that code some.

@mummbles, is this video sped up because that's going way to fast than it should be, which sort of tells me that's why the sound isn't playing. Do you overclock something on your machine or something?

That's me clicking it, hence why the score goes up, the computer "clicks" quite a bit slower than I do...

I've not attempted to overclock in years. I deliberately buy CPUs with a high clock speed just so I don't have to overclock them - that's running normal speed on a 4 year old Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (which is dual core is at 3 GHz per core)

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

Click speed males difference. The same "sounds once in a blue moon" happens when the computer is clicking too

Yes I have Open AL, I also have the Open AL 1.1 SDK

What I really should do is fire up my laptop and my Debian machine and see if they have the problem. I wouldn't mind betting that they play it fine... If it works in wine that is... In fact I think I might do that now.

Works absolutely fine on Debian - all the sounds play as and when they should

Doesn't even load at all on my laptop. But I wouldn't worry about that. It's such an old, **** thing anyway, but here's a log of where and why it crashed

Edit: Ignore that - works now... Don't now why, since I did use the shortcut first time...

Engine.log.txt