LinePick

Rick

I think there is still a bug with this. It was working fine, but then I manipulated the terrain and it stopped working. Mackle, could you test out your code with manipulating the terrain? What I did exactly was create a small mount, then run the game a few times. That works. Then flatten the terrain and try it again to see if the terrain still collides with LinePick.

I think there is still a bug with this. It was working fine, but then I manipulated the terrain and it stopped working. Mackle, could you test out your code with manipulating the terrain? What I did exactly was create a small mount, then run the game a few times. That works. Then flatten the terrain and try it again to see if the terrain still collides with LinePick.

?? why would it return the terrain on a linepick if the the terrain was flattened? if there is no actual terrain between the camera position and the cube position then it won't return a terrain... or maybe i am not understanding what exactly you are trying to get me to do...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Is it possible the LinePick doesn't work with the terrain because it is setup via the vertex shader?

I mean, it is basically a high-resolution ish plane with a displacement map (height map).

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

?? why would it return the terrain on a linepick if the the terrain was flattened? if there is no actual terrain between the camera position and the cube position then it won't return a terrain... or maybe i am not understanding what exactly you are trying to get me to do...

My camera is able to rotate below the terrain.

Is it possible the LinePick doesn't work with the terrain because it is setup via the vertex shader?

I mean, it is basically a high-resolution ish plane with a displacement map (height map).

It did work at one point on the terrain, but after manipulating the terrain it seemed to stop working.