WITCHGATE

Eagle

Is that your own modelling then Vickie? Looks very Gothic as NA has already pointed out ;) Do I take it from zaphos's comment that this is a port of a game you've already developed in realmcrafter?

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Guest Red Ocktober

Is that your own modelling then Vickie? Looks very Gothic as NA has already pointed out ;) Do I take it from zaphos's comment that this is a port of a game you've already developed in realmcrafter?

seems like ms. Eagle and i share a common history... we're both 3DRAD 'fugees... actually, there are a few here that have spent some time with 3DRAD... and, we've both been working on the same project for what seems like the length of time we've been involved in 3D game dev... me with the sub game... her with with WitchGate...

anyways... i think that's her own modeling... check out a lil thing Caligari did showcasing her talents a lil ways back...

--Mike

Yes its my model, and I have been working on his game for a long time (its my pet project) and in the mean time I do a lot of other stuff. This project is something that has a lot of sentimental value to me and I spend time looking for an engine that will handle it. I have tried 3Drad, Torque, Realmcrafter, Unity and VGore to mention a few and none of them would do what I wanted. I was very happy to see Leadwerks come along but it took me two years of intense C++ college classes to get to a point where I can even use this engine at a level that would do it Justice. Now I'm in the process of porting my models into it but with all the amazing features this engine has I almost want to start over because now (at last) I can do SO much more.

Always~

It's hard to make good bumpmaps without the original high poly model, because else you only lose texture details and get that kind of slimy looking bumpmps.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I find the normal map good on the scene, perhaps it lacks some clean plane / or flat stones with only some small cracks ?

The overdone thing here is the specular map that gives that non realistic look to the building, reducing it to 0 or low value and keeping the normal map as it is

can give a good result ?

I use specular for shiny materials (like iron) or for viscosity on some monsters for example.

Stop toying and make games

I'm totally with you on that YouGrove, and thanks for the tips! I like playing with the settings LOL!

Ok, here is the first actor I was able to get formatted correctly and load into the engine. Next I'm going to work on making this actor model the main character and replace the default machine gun guy and have my witch running around instead. Please feel free to give me any advice that would help me do that!

actor1.jpg

Always~

Guest Red Ocktober

I'm totally with you on that YouGrove, and thanks for the tips! I like playing with the settings LOL!

Ok, here is the first actor I was able to get formatted correctly and load into the engine. Next I'm going to work on making this actor model the main character and replace the default machine gun guy and have my witch running around instead. Please feel free to give me any advice that would help me do that!

actor1.jpg

Always~

yeah... maybe just a lil less gloss and that bumpmap looks ok to me...

plus, leadwerks lighting allows for additional "dramatic" scenery effects, so you can do a lil more customizing of the scene...

--Mike

Load the diffuseMap into the alphaChannel (A8R8G8B8) of the normalMap and use some such settings :

...//

specular=0.4
bumpscale=1.0
gloss=0.8

//shader="abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap_specular_detail.frag"
shader="abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap.vert","abstract::mesh_diffuse_bumpmap_specular.frag"
shadowshader="abstract::mesh_shadow.vert",""

If you send me one of your diffuse textures i could figure some workflow for you using TheGimps normalMap plug-in (not the nvidia one).

hth, low

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

Thank you Flachdrache, that's very cool of you! Right now I'm using a program called "CrazyBump" to make my normal maps with and it works great, I set the specular up really high so I could see what it looks like in the game. I would be happy to have your help though, so I'll send you the maps and see what you do with them.

Always~

Hmmm, i know crazybump, its great for photo sourced textures but it sometimes makes the look of "overinflated" - however you could get the depthmaps from it and extract the models surfaces with it using zbrush or something similar ... basically for what the tesselation thing is good for. ;p

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

The Shadows in Leardwerks are amazing, and not only that, I didn't lose any speed at all when I max out the detail level! I also made some flowers today. I plan on making some vines next that will run down the sides of the buildings.

shadows.jpg

My next programming task will be to set up an animated character, Josh made a great tutorial so I plan on following that and see it I can get it to work.

Always~

Looking really nice so far, Vicky! Keep it up. :)

Not sure if you remember me (The Slayer), but I do remember you from at the TGC forums. ;)

Hope you still model in Truespace?

That model looks great, btw. Your design?

Cheers

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Slayer! Wow, I haven't seen you around in a while, probably because you are using your real name now LOL! Cool to see you again Chris, and thanks for the nice comments. I hope to make something really cool with this engine and for the first time in a LONG time I have no obligations with any other companies so I can do my own thing for a change. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Always~

Slayer! Wow, I haven't seen you around in a while, probably because you are using your real name now LOL! Cool to see you again Chris, and thanks for the nice comments.

Yeah, hehehhe, it's been quite some time! Glad to see you back, though. :)

True, that's my real name. :P

I hope to make something really cool with this engine and for the first time in a LONG time I have no obligations with any other companies so I can do my own thing for a change. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Well, I'm really looking forward to the cool things you'll make with this great engine. If you need help with anything (sounds, music, graphics, 3D models, coding, ...) just give me a call. ;)

I've been busy with a lot of things lately. One of them is a Horror fps game I'm developing with some friends of mine.

Cheers

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

I'm currently working on character creation and animation, wish me luck

Looking good so far, Eagle! :huh:

What modelling program did you use to make 'em? You still use Truespace? I'm asking cuz I'd love to see/find a good tutorial on character rigging/animation in Truespace. Any idea where I can find one?

Btw, I've deleted the images in my previous post. Don't wanna cloud your thread with images of my game. ;)

Cheers