Antialiasing in LE 2.5

deniz

Hi all,

Below are two videos of aliased and antialiased terrain rendered in LE 2.5

Although there is no support for AA in LE 2.5, I managed to do it.

The lack of AA troubled us a lot since the visualization of the airport was not satisfactory for our purposes.

But now with this AA-trick it is acceptable.

There is quite good AA in LE 2.5, but you have to enable it with SetAntialias(1);

I tried it, it was not satisfactory for our customer.

This is done via 32 CSAA in nvidia control panel on my computer.

The method here is non-trivial.

What do you mean by trivial, in this context? I only normally hear that term used regarding the complexity of an implementation.

Well, normally you should support AA by rendering to multi-sampling textures and perform a custom resolve operation inside the fragment shader in deferred shading. But I have studied all of your shaders and did not come across to anything like "sampler2DMS" or so. I had to implement this on my own (not using Multisample textures but a somewhat similar method). I do not know what kind of AA method you employ but it seems that in our scenes not enough fragments are generated for long and thin primitives, in fact that's why we got those stippled line patterns. So I used nvidia's 32 CSAA method to generate multisampled terrain pixels and lines visual appearance got better. The non-tirivial step was to incorporate nvidia's CSAA output into the LE rendering pipeline.