..Distance Fog..

Naughty Alien

..hi guys..right now, im slowly converting my stuff to 2.3 .. also im playing a bit with framewerk so I wanted to ask something about distance fog..so, if I do this

fw.renderer.SetDistanceFog(1)

fw.renderer.SetDistanceFogRange(Vec2(0, 10))

I guess every object within range 0-10 should be visible, while objects with distance bigger than 10 should be invisible because of fog?? So far, as i can see, fog doesnt behave on that way..am I missing some parameters here ?

If you want no fog from 0-10 meters, then you should use Vec2(10,100). The distance between the values only means how rapidly the fog density should grow from 0% to 100% fog. You need also to set the FogColor, and control the translucency of the fog with the alpha value. Then there is also a FogAngle command, which sets how far the fog should raise above the horizon.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

..ahh..i see..thanks Lumooja..now it makes sense..and works too :) .. one questions about this 'layers' exposed in framework..layers are actually, how i can see from source, specific worlds used for rendering? therefore, i should use them to switch between worlds i have to load in geometry or particles , etc?

..ahh..i see..thanks Lumooja..now it makes sense..and works too :) .. one questions about this 'layers' exposed in framework..layers are actually, how i can see from source, specific worlds used for rendering? therefore, i should use them to switch between worlds i have to load in geometry or particles , etc?

i am not sure if i am following you but here are the three worlds used in framewerk (fw):

fw.main.world
fw.transparency.world
fw.background.world

as for emitters... if you just place one in the editor scene then load the scene into a framewerk bmx program you should see it...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

..hi macklebee...im not using editor..actually im just familiarizing myself with 2.3 trough framework since i never used it, so i can adopt my stuff easier after i see how everything works..basically I was asking about layers because it seems they are worlds so i wanna throw my particles(heat haze, or ice blocks with animated melting refraction, etc) on to proper place later..so I just wanted to see how its done in framewerk.. :)..so far i am VERY happy what i see, especially speed wise..its way faster than 2.23 I used before..nice so far..

you should take a look at the firepit example model that comes with the Editor... has heat haze and fire built in via lua script... makes all of these things basically a part of a object now that gets created when loaded...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

one questions about this 'layers' exposed in framework..layers are actually, how i can see from source, specific worlds used for rendering? therefore, i should use them to switch between worlds i have to load in geometry or particles , etc?

Yes, thats basically correct. You need to switch between the rendering worlds when you add your various objects such as emitters etc. I don't know what the BMax equivalent is (I'm sure its very similar) but I'm using the framewerk in C++ and would add an emitter as follows:

// Set transparent world
m_pFramewerk->GetTransparency().SetWorld();

//  Emitter code

// Set main world
m_pFramewerk->GetMain().SetWorld();

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++