Wrong thread bug

Will Zettler

Hi all,

Just a quick question. I've been running 3dws for years on and off, just recently the program began to throw "wrong thread!" Message and closes. I have lost several projects cause of this and the program now is unusable.

Is this a bug or anyone else experiencing this? how about a work around? I've reinstalled, uninstalled and done everything I know to fox this and still throws the error.

Im running and have been running on my

hp win 7 64 bit system just fine. Also tried different settling for compatibility modes and no luck there either.

Anyone have any ideas before I toss the program out the door? I'm open to ideas and suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Will

Thanks for the reply but I'm not using nor have ever used blitz. I'm using 3dws as an editor for my 3d haunt projects and was exporting them into my custom garage games engine. Only get the error when using the 3dws editor, usually after saving and I find it erases all past projects you save which isn't good.

Thanks anyhow,

Will

Thanks for the reply but I'm not using nor have ever used blitz. I'm using 3dws as an editor for my 3d haunt projects and was exporting them into my custom garage games engine. Only get the error when using the 3dws editor, usually after saving and I find it erases all past projects you save which isn't good.

Thanks anyhow,

Will

Like I said, I think 3DWS 5.60 is compiled with BlitzBasic 1.47, so it should be fixed there.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Yep, sure does. I have even reinstalled the latest version and still does it. I'm seriously stumped why after all this time its now doing this. Could it be cause of defrag? Webroot has blocked the exporter to map before but I don't think thats the prob, as its still worked even after it blocked it.

Thanks for the help guys, if you have ideas let me know, I'm totally stumped.

If theres any info I can post to help let me know that too.

Will

You could run 3DWS under Windows XP 32-bit in VirtualBox under Windows 7 64-bit. This "Wrong Thread" error happens only with 64-bit systems. I'm getting also Windows 7 64-bit on my new work laptop, so I will probably also need to install VirtualBox and XP, to run some Windows programs which Windows 7 64-bit can't run.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Can we be specificaly informed when this is fixed. My next pc may be 64 bit and I can't be without 3dws.

The bug tracker will reflect any changes in the status of this issue.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Thank you. Can you please file a bug report here so this can get fixed?:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/tracker/project-2-3d-world-studio/

No prob. Well have to do it tomorrow night. I don't have time tonight. I will post a bug report then so you can track it.

Any chance this could be caused from the size of the object (s) being created in the editor? All I'm building with it is haunted house layouts, mainly sized 1800 sf.

Thanks

Will

No, that isn't a problem.

I'd just rather have the report in your name than my own, so I don't get confused later, and I sometimes message people when their problems are solved. I'm not sure why people are so resistant to using the bug tracker, all you have to do is copy and paste your first post in this thread.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

No, that isn't a problem.

I'd just rather have the report in your name than my own, so I don't get confused later, and I sometimes message people when their problems are solved. I'm not sure why people are so resistant to using the bug tracker, all you have to do is copy and paste your first post in this thread.

I went to the link its not letting me copy and paste the info. I'm logged in too.. Any ideas why its not? Thanks

I just changed some permissions to allow regular members to post there. It was set to only allow Leadwerks Engine developers.

Josh,

Posted the info you wanted. Got the info on the tracker for you.

Now what?

Let me know if theres anything else I can add to help. Thanks so much,

Will