Karnack

wayneg

Guest Red Ocktober

uuhhh... do you think ya could add kleptos day night transition to your library, and do this scene at night... with the moon in full... :D

or maybe a dusk shot... right after sunset... :)

seriously.... real nice work...

--Mike

I should also point out that models from google's 3d warehouse can't be used for any commercial projects, or at least that is my understanding. :) Just keep it in mind.

There are three types of people in this world. People who make things happen. People who watch things happen. People who ask, "What happened?"

Let's make things happen.

I should also point out that models from google's 3d warehouse can't be used for any commercial projects, or at least that is my understanding. :) Just keep it in mind.

That would be incorrect. 3D Warehouse TOS;Section c states you agree to let others have free use, there are a few limitations, you may not: (i) aggregate Content obtained from Google Services for redistribution, or (ii) use or distribute Content obtained from Google Services in a mapping or geographic application or service. Unless you have Googles permission.

Entire TOS here: http://sketchup.google.com/intl/en/3dwh/tos.html

11. Content license from you

(a) You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

(:) By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, sublicensable, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content or derivative works thereof which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

© By publicly posting or displaying the content you give other end users of the Services a perpetual, sublicensable, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute (subject to the restrictions set forth in Sections 11.4 and 20.3 of these Terms) any Content or derivative works thereof which you publicly post or display on or through the Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You retain the right to: (a) make content that you upload to 3D Warehouse using Google SketchUp or third party services available under different license terms, and (:) stop distributing such Content through 3D Warehouse at any time; provided, however that any such election will not serve to withdraw the license granted under these Terms. In order to stop distributing such Content through 3D Warehouse, you must terminate these Terms as set forth in Section 13, or utilize the content removal function provided within the service, in which case the content removal will be effective within two (2) days.

11.4 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, without Google’s prior authorization, you may not: (i) aggregate Content obtained from Google Services for redistribution, or (ii) use or distribute Content obtained from Google Services in a mapping or geographic application or service.

11.5 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (B) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.6 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.

I stand corrected. :)

Now, keep in mind that the original creator does still own the copyright of the original work and therefore you would have to credit them (depending on your countries laws of course). Also, be very careful doing this. If they used any content that they do not own a license to use in such a fashion, you would also be infringing. For example, lets say they used someone's photo of one of the pyramids in Egypt to texture one of their models without permission to be bound to Google's TOS. Now it's not likely that you'd be caught, but I would highly suggest saying away from the 3D warehouse anyway.

There are three types of people in this world. People who make things happen. People who watch things happen. People who ask, "What happened?"

Let's make things happen.

Good work Wayneg, it brings me back some "serious sam" memories :D

I'm curious about the water pond, is it just that size or do you still have to add a whole ocean and then play with the height of models/terrain to make it show up or hide?

cheers,

Alvaro

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

I dug out the lake so it's lower than everything you see. It's a the standard LW water plane, and it worked well for this application. The actual onsite location shows the lake with sloped sides leading upwards, and the lake lined with stone walls with numerous stairs descending into the lake.

it would be neat to see more water effects; fountains, rivers, falls, possibly water volumes for lakes.

:D