Creating bones

Guest spong3bob

Guest spong3bob

Hi!

I read a lot of your engine now.

and i had an idea of what i want to do with it. But then i read that there are no commands for bones available..

but i need them for what i want to make.

i want to create a surface and add several vertices to a bone ( the surface should have pretty many bones)

then i want to just move the bones around during runtime and deform my surface.

my questions:

would it be possible to add bones manually

would it be possible to add >20 bones

best regards Spong3

my questions:

would it be possible to add bones manually

would it be possible to add >20 bones

best regards Spong3

this is not a 3d modeling application... for what you are wanting to do, you could just download blender and use that to create your bones. Then in LE, you can move the bones as you wish...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Guest spong3bob

well. my aim is that i want to create several different variations of a model on the flow.

and i dont want to just import a final model.

just thought the engine has to handle the bones from a model anyway, so there may be a way to create them manually :-/

€: the "problem" is that i want to add a different amount of bones/vertices to my surface depending on some parameters..

I don't think you can do it directly in the engine, but if you look here: http://www.leadwerks.com/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Model_Format#GMF_SDK you should be able to generate what you want, dump it to file, then load it into the engine.

hehe... yeah... thats one way to go i guess... but really? assuming that he does have bmax to even attempt this, doing it in blender would be a thousand times quicker to accomplish...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Well, the GMF SDK has a C/C++ API according to the page. And he might have some compelling reason to need to be able to generate them dynamically at runtime. I can't think of what it would be, but he might :blink: It might even be possible to skip the export to file part and just use the SDK to load the model directly, but not sure.

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

Well, the GMF SDK has a C/C++ API according to the page. And he might have some compelling reason to need to be able to generate them dynamically at runtime. I can't think of what it would be, but he might :blink: It might even be possible to skip the export to file part and just use the SDK to load the model directly, but not sure.

I've managed to make GMF files from C++ with the GMF library, so this would possibly be a good way to do it. Doubt you'd be able to skip the file part though.