Lua exemples :

YouGroove

Well i was more in Modeling /texturing these days , back to code !

I'm seeking for good Lua examples !

I know it don't exist perhaps progressive tutorials, from controlling object, to camera, to game AI.

anyone would know if there is some Third person controller in LUA with Camear control ?

(The Wiki have lot of examples , but they are mainly C)

Stop toying and make games

I think Aggror posted a bunch of progressive Lua tutorials one youtube. try searching 'leadwerks lua tutorials' in youtube.

i believe those are the same ones that are posted in the community tutorials that I linked above.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Ok now all is fine !

I have used instead LEBuilder to build a Lua project and i modify the code with the examples code !

Well in fact the PI Third person Lua exemple don't run caus the code seesm old, and it seems more to be not a main class , but just an exemple !

In fact i'll start from thr unning cube example and modify it to see what i can do !

• 3 weeks later...

Finally im' back to code, i think Lua example codes that "macklebee" have given are the perfect place to start.

I even think on going back to C# caus really the main code for a scene loading for example is really very the same with same functions calling.

And C# is as easy as Lua.

For world loading what i find really disappointing is the fact to have to set the effects like "God of Rays", anisotropic etc ... all again by code :(

Caus they have been set in the editor :(

I hope In the future something will be done to have them set automatically to the good values with the scene loading call, independently of the language used that

could be C++, C#, Lua or whatever ?

i had supplied an object script at one time in the assets store that allowed you to set majority of the Editor's settings via the property dialog... then all you had to do was load the scene into your program that contained this object script and the properties would be set for you... keep in mind, that it also requires that you use framework for some of the settings to work.

macklebee's channel

What framework are you talking about, one of your example ?

Caus i plan to have my own re writen framework in fact.

Anyway, thanks, i'll see if i integrate your scen loading code depending on how i success or not :(

I just hope all properties scens settign should be loaded by default.

the programmer could modify them by code after the level load if neeeded, and nothing to do if initial parameters made in the editor are not dynmaic or are ok for the scene !

Perhaps in LE3 version ?

the framework i am referring to is what sets all the post processing affects inherently available in LE: http://www.leadwerks.com/wiki/index.php?title=Framework

and good luck to you if you are going to attempt to completely rewrite your own version of that...

and that wasn't scene loading code that i posted... it was simply a lua scripted object that you could drag into a LE Editor scene and then use its property dialog to set majority of the Editor's inherent settings, like HDR, Godrays, etc... so when you loaded the resulting SBX into your program then it would also load that scripted object and set those effects.

macklebee's channel