Additional Export Formats

Tristan B

Hi there,

Is there a way to create new export plugins? At the moment, I'm struggling to find a free converter that will convert .X files to .DAE (Collada) files.

Unless someone knows of a free converter that can do such a thing?

Cheers

Tristan

Hi there,

Is there a way to create new export plugins? At the moment, I'm struggling to find a free converter that will convert .X files to .DAE (Collada) files.

Unless someone knows of a free converter that can do such a thing?

Cheers

Tristan

I've tried various programs like Milkshape3D, Blender and so on. But when I try to import them into MS3D, it crashes the program, and Blender doesn't recognise the file.. Is the 3DWS version of .X a different one??

I've tried various programs like Milkshape3D, Blender and so on. But when I try to import them into MS3D, it crashes the program, and Blender doesn't recognise the file.. Is the 3DWS version of .X a different one??

Anyone? I really need to get the files moved across to the engine I'm using, but it can only take .dae files!

you can buy uu3d only from specific countries, if you're lucky enough that's your best option.. but i've found fragmotion to work well animated .x files (static also), .dae doesn't work all that great in many different apps from my experience, fbx is much better now, but for animated models I use .smd format (half-life2) because I found it to best most reliable with different apps for me ..