How to import gmf to level in Editor ?

YouGroove

Well i have now some GMF models , and i wanted to import them in the desert map example in the editor !

I created new folder under existing ones of the project , but no ways they don't appear !

And if i right click in the right panels displyaing all objects in the scene, i do'nt see any propertie or option to import new models or make a reference to a new folder :D

I didn't find something in editor documentation, perhaps it's explained in very first steps ?

Even by copying my gmf models to some directory like "Proaps", my model don't appear in the right panel ?

Stop toying and make games

Thanks Rick !

In fact it was named Trr as an existing model, i renamed it myTree and it was OK !

It is possible to personnalize some prject by having only some models from folder A ?

Than another project that would take only models from folder B ?

Caus it seems that the editor shows all ressources from default directories of installation ?

Thanks !

For now what is lacking is ability to specify texture and shader directly in World Editor instead of using model Viewer , than material editor !

Even more i don't have succeded to make a new material with the texture for my tree in the material editor :D

(Perhaps LeadWorks 3 ?)

The icon to import a new texture was locked ? and the list only contained textures form the editor ?

Is there a way to simply attach a texture and shader to a model ? an easy way ?

I've seen Lua commands also to do that !

The models I use have the texture name in them. You then make .mat files for each texture with the same first name. ie. mytexture.dds, make a mytexture.mat file. Look at other .mat files for examples of what they should look like.

When the models loads it sees mytexture.dds in the model file and looks for mytexture.mat file to describe what actual texture to use. I always thought that was kind of strange myself.