Train.sbx scene not in 2.43 available?

andy_s

Hi,

I just bought Leadwerks and so far it is fantastic! I am going trough the Leadwerks 2.3 user guide pdf, and it mentions a scne with a train which drives around on tracks. However, in my downloaded sdk, this scene is not available. Why has it been removed from the latest version? Where can I get it?

Thanks

Andreas

I think for newcomers such things are important or relevant. i even think that the SDk should come with more examples that show off various LE features. Also, to have a basic framework for a game could help a lot for beginners. Something like the gamestate management sample from xna.

I own various other engines, and most fail to deliver good examples. For example Torque, even tough they improved a lot on docs lately, does not come with examples that show off the engines capabilities and can serve as examples as well. They have only a full and an empty template. The empty template alredy contains a lot, and there is no docs about how it exactly works...so very timeconsuming to find out if you are new...

Well, it was just a thought. So far i like the experience with LE, and even tough I am not a proficient coder, I can follow the examples and I feel i can be very productive with this engine.

The problem with that is it's never enough. Any time I have released game examples of what you *could* do, they get treated like they are chiseled in stone, and then I get complaints that my example doesn't support X feature. What's needed is a complete rethink of how games are produced, because it's obvious that programming has failed as a design method.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You have a point there Josh, but still I think it would help a lot to attract new customers. I have LE now for only two days, and I feel so productive with it by just following the tutorials which are there. At the moment, I am doing all the C++ tuts, but I program in LE.Net. These tuts are reat for the basics, but a framework like the gamestatemanagement sample would be really nice.

There are already loader and third person examples around on the forum written by members in both c++ and bmax. They are not in the asset store but maybe they should be.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++