Scenes list and different Scene and Project panels

ZioRed

I don't remember if it is already planned to be in this way, so I write these suggestions here.

About the "scene list", well there is nothing to say, the pipeline I would like to have is:

1. create a "Project" in the editor, it will ask for the project folder where you have the assets, it loads the assets in the asset list
  2. create a "Scene" in the project, drag&drop the models and save it somewhere in the project folder
  3. Create another scene in the project, drag&drop the models in the scene, save the scene in the project folder
  4. ...etc

the scenes could be listed on another tab besides the asset list.

Another thing I would find useful is the editor to have two different panels:

• Scene: here you have a list of all the objects of the current scene, you can double click on a node to go directly to it in the scene viewer
  • Project: here is the list of all the assets available in the project folder and you will drag the assets from here and drop into the current scene (this panel could be more splitted in two to have both the above scene list and the asset list)

The main reason is why I find very annoying to scroll up/down the list of assets (that in a game could be very huge) to find the one model I used in the current scene and most of time I find annoying to navigate the entire scene to find what I was looking for. Also in this way you will know exactly and quickly what the scene contains, without the need to scroll the asset list and find a "+" on the side of an asset node.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

Another thing I would find useful is the editor to have two different panels:

Scene: here you have a list of all the objects of the current scene, you can double click on a node to go directly to it in the scene viewer

Project: here is the list of all the assets available in the project folder and you will drag the assets from here and drop into the current scene (this panel could be more splitted in two to have both the above scene list and the asset list)

Yes, that's the way it works.

About the "scene list", well there is nothing to say, the pipeline I would like to have is:

create a "Project" in the editor, it will ask for the project folder where you have the assets, it loads the assets in the asset list

create a "Scene" in the project, drag&drop the models and save it somewhere in the project folder

Create another scene in the project, drag&drop the models in the scene, save the scene in the project folder

...etc

I don't really understand your description here. Can you explain more?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Good for the splitted panels for "current scene" and "project assets" :D

I don't really understand your description here. Can you explain more?

It's just about having the possibility to have the scenes of a project listed as node in the project panel as well just like a common asset: I think that if you double-click on an asset it will open the program associated to its file type (probably), so when you will double-click a "scene" asset it will open the selected scene as the current one (and will ask to you to save the current one if you made changes since it was opened/saved last time). Again, I don't know if it's already designed to work this way.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com