Morphs ?

Rogad

Bbbeeeeearrrr beeearrr.... oh yes I remember Morph fondly. :P

Sadly I am to much of a newb to do clever stuff like animations and sine curves. :(

I just wanted something simple like plug in a neutral mesh and set up a few morph targets. That's about my limit at the moment.

Well if you have a mesh for the head, go one step further and add a bone for the jaw then experiment moving that bone to get your head to 'talk'. I've seen a few commercial products for doing this.

I remember something for DarkBasic called DarkVoices that was a system for creating lip-sync files, there's a video showing how the model was created, this might give you a head-start on how to approach this.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2107

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo

Thats a really interesting link Flexman! From what I can ascertain their tool simply exports a set of phoneme data in the form of a sequence and in theory I see no reason why this couldn't work in Leadwerks if someone looks into the example Dark Basic code and writes the neccessary code to translate that into animation sequences. Of course you need to modify your existing models to have the necessary bones in the head but they provide video instruction to illustrate that. Having talking animated characters would be such a plus!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++