VB.net ?

Rogad

Just trying to figure out if I can use this in Visual Basic 2010 Express ?

It said somewhere it comes as a DLL.

Not really sure where it is coming from at the moment as I couldn't find any VB examples.

Does anyone here use it in VB.NET and can shed some light. Like do you do the scripting in Visual Studio or is it it's own editor.

And it comes with an animation editor right ?

Sorry for being so vague, I've been looking for a decent 3D engine for the past ten hours and my eyeballs are about to fall out.

and no, LE does not have an animation editor. thats the second time ive seen that question and i think its because of this post: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/3507-multitrack/page__view__findpost__p__31863

that is a screenshot of ultimate unwrap 3d which many use here. will update the post to reflect that.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Thanks for the replies, I had a break for a while and don't feel so despondent ;)

So Josh, I think you are saying I can add it as a reference in my VB project, but it's up to me to figure out the way to use the library...through a mix of using the intellisense to see what everything does - I guess from that I could consult your documentation and read between the lines ?

It's been a while since I did any VB, so please forgive me..

I don't know where I saw the bit about animation - it wasn't that particular topic though.

Is there a link to a list of supported mesh formats any place ?

Many thanks :)

I'll keep digging !

Is there a link to a list of supported mesh formats any place ?

Despite what others here will tell you, LE can only load a proprietary model format called GMF, but there are several format converters available inherently in the SDK (ie. obj2gmf, fbx2gmf, etc). Also UU3D has a plugin to export to GMF, and a forum member has graciously created an exporter for 3dsmax. Essentially there is a way to basically convert almost any model format to GMF, but the ease of use is dependent on what steps the user is willing to go through.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Just trying to figure out if I can use this in Visual Basic 2010 Express ?

Yes you can. It is recommended that your libraries be using .Net 4

It said somewhere it comes as a DLL.

'Leadwerks.Net' Wrapper can be used to access the Leadwerks engine.

(Located HERE)

'LE.Net', is an alternative library, but is only a direct export of the Leadwerks API without events or strongly-typed inheritance.

(Located HERE)

Add either DLL as a reference to your project. VB.Net can call methods from any managed library using the Microsoft's CLR (Common Language Runtime): C#, Visual C++, and even *shudder* F#.

Not really sure where it is coming from at the moment as I couldn't find any VB examples.

Take any C# example and paste it into this online converter:Developer Tools Converter

Does anyone here use it in VB.NET and can shed some light. Like do you do the scripting in Visual Studio or is it it's own editor.

Leadwerks is a very flexible engine, extensible for scripting both within code, and within the editor. This all depends on your programming style, and whether you wish to learn Lua (which I'd highly recommend). I tend to use a mix of both.

I have the most experience on the forums when it comes to VB.Net, and will be more than willing to answer any questions you may have.