Terrain buggy

Guest Astral

Guest Astral

I have tried all this with all samples provided, even created my own. Experimented with all options.

The "Paint", never works correctly, and just produces a block of the texture in the top right corner.

(Even when I move my screen/rotate, it always stay in block at top-right corner of screen

leadwerksweird0.jpg

Guest Astral

it is a known bug with the latest ATI drivers. you can try just a version or two before the latest and it seems to work for others...

Hmmm I updated to 11.5. The latest 11.6.

Oh well I'll reinstall drivers and drop down to 11.4

I'm working on this issue today. There's nothing wrong the the shader, but I'm going to have to find a way around this since ATI isn't going to fix their drivers. I wish they would just roll them back six months and stop releasing updates.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'm working on this issue today. There's nothing wrong the the shader, but I'm going to have to find a way around this since ATI isn't going to fix their drivers. I wish they would just roll them back six months and stop releasing updates.

Could you explain in layman's terms what's causing the issue? I'm extremely curious.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Could you explain in layman's terms what's causing the issue? I'm extremely curious.

ATI's drivers magically stopped working in an update they put out. There's no errors, no warnings, the shader just doesn't display right. A single texture lookup in the fragment shader screws up the vertex positions.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You're going to laugh when you see the fix.

This is for version 2.43. I don't know if this will work for the evaluation kit. Find this line, around line 97 of "terrain.frag":

height = vertexposition.y;

Change it to this:

height = texcoord0.y;//vertexposition.y;

There is NO REASON I know of this should make any difference, because they are the same value, but through trial and error I found this worked. The shader does not give any warnings and works fine on NVidia and older ATI drivers, so I have no idea what is wrong with their drivers, but this fixes it on my test card.

Could this have something to do with it:

Newer ATI/nVidia cards don't support EXT_vertex_weighting and/or ARB_vertex_blend. No error is given either if it's not supported.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■