Drawing circles

Rekindled Phoenix

Are there examples within the community that draw a circle using the cameras perspective? Like the sandbox paintbrush, I need to display a radius around an object using DrawLine() or something similar.

I've looked at how this wiki link does it, possibly transpose the vectors.

How would you draw a circle aligned to the terrain?

A circular 'ring' mesh that uses the same vert shader as vegetation to keep it aligned to terrain. Offset it above the origin a bit.

There used to be a terrain decal in downloads somewhere that might be good enough.

Another approach is to use a spotlight with a material to project a texture image (might need to replace the spotlight.gmf model with something that is invisible). Good for RPG style spell effects.

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo

A circular 'ring' mesh that uses the same vert shader as vegetation to keep it aligned to terrain. Offset it above the origin a bit.

There used to be a terrain decal in downloads somewhere that might be good enough.

yes, Gandi's decal in the script asset was what i was referring to... unfortunately, the link is dead at the moment. Hopefully Gandi can upload it again. It works nicely. Unfortunately, it will not work without modifying it slightly due to this bug:http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/tracker/issue-187-terrain-resolution-not-working/page__gopid__859#entry859. You would just have to hardcode the terrain resolution into the script to get it to work.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel