Slow down when painting textures.

JayTizzler

Hello, all. :)

I'm new to all this game development stuff, and am looking into making a simple-ish game over the summer.

I downloaded the evaluation version of LE and its looking really cool. :) However, when I try and use the "Paint" function the whole editor freezes and goes "Not responding" for about 20 seconds then comes back. I was hoping this is just me over looking something or its something fix-able? Thanks.

P.S. I'm really impressed with the quality of the stuff on this forum. :D

If Editor else runs with decent FPS, like over 30 FPS, then it might be just some graphics card driver bug with terrain painting. So make sure you have the newest driver version.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

The evaluation version might still be painting terrain on the CPU. It changed a while back to use the GPU, so it's super fast now.

New evaluation kit will be released within a month.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Well it was the change to GPU from CPU that killed me being able to use my 7900. I had exactly the issues Jay is refering to (mine would go away for minutes) and was forced to upgrade my card as drivers never sorted it! The rest of the engine ran fine, it was just in the terrain editor when painting.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++