Particles Question

Guest Red Ocktober

Guest Red Ocktober

i can't see any emitter particles underwater except when they show up against a mesh... if nothing is in the background they don't show...

probably something simple, and i'm searching now... but does anyone know offhand how to make underwater particles visible...

thx

--Mike

Guest Red Ocktober

hey Josh... if you've got a free second can you chime in on this...

it seems like the leadwerks ocean world has been relegated to that of a stepchild... now it seems the same applies to the underwater world...

i need to make particle trails for submarines and torpedoes... bubbles... explosions... but so far it seems like it's not gonna happen... am i totally missing something or do i need to hone up on my coding skillset...

or is there any hope that an easy way for underwater particles will appear... or at least an explanation of what i'd need to do...

thx

--Mike

Guest Red Ocktober

bumpers...

i really sorta need this capability in Leadwerks...

seems that Leadwerks has forgotten the underwater realm...

i need to have underwater torpedo trails and bubbles (like in the vid below)...

right now no particles show up under the seas...

:huh:

chance of any help Josh...

thx

--Mike

I would not use the Leadwerks water for advanced water games. It's good for casual water effects, but when it comes to submerging and waves, it would be easier to make your own custom water class. It doesn't need to look so fancy, but it should be fully functional. Wavy ocean water doesn't really need reflections either, although ripples and foam would be nice to have. When you submerge, you can just have a dense blue fog, that's what the built-in water also does, and then all particles still work and your physics don't go nuts because of the physics updraft, but you can just have zero gravity physics objects under water.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■