how you do convert art assets for your game

Game Producer

I would personally limit LE3 to use only LE3GMF format, which only UU3D can export. That would eliminate a lot of random problems with other pipelines. If UU3D goes bankrupt or something, then just switch to another tool provider or make one yourself.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

EDIT-- youve edited your post so my response to that is: Why do i need to have GMF at all? If the final format in LE3 is going to be MDL, why not just let me export directly to MDL from uu3d. The GMF format is useless to me other than to be used for the conversion to MDL. Its not like I can open up a GMF in other apps.

You don't need to run things through the GMF format. At this time, the LE3 MDL format is just GMF with a different extension.

I don't know yet whether another UU3D exporter will be made for the LE3 MDL format, or whether the final format will be exactly the same as the LE2 GMF format.

There's still a lot of unknowns about the needs of model files in LE3, so I can't discuss it in much depth yet.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.