Loading Terrain from Scene

T0X1N

Hi, I am having some trouble figuring out how to load terrain from a .SBX scene. In the editor, I am using 2048 resolution, 1 meter per tile, and 100 as the altitude. I am also using the Framewerk library in my program.

My problem is with the altitude. When I load the terrain's height map into my program, it looks like it uses 1000 as the default altitude. My question is how do I lower the altitude to 100? Here is my current code that creates and loads a height map:

terrain = CreateTerrain( atoi(GetEntityKey(entity,"resolution", "2048")));

LoadTerrainHeightmap(terrain,"test_height.raw");

EntityType(terrain,1);

I have tried looking through the wiki, but it really does not explain what SetTerrainHeight() does and how to use it and I have tried looking through the forums and found nothing explaining how to load terrain directly from a scene.

Also, getting the "resolution" does not seem to work with GetEntityKey as it just uses the default value.

Thanks, in advance.

Play Our Latest Game: Relic Rogue

I forgot to mention that I am using LE 2.31 with Framework. SetEntityScale() is not an available command, but if I use ScaleEntity(terrain, Vec3(scaleval#)) my terrain is completely flattened.

I am using LoadScene, this code is within the ProcessScene() code for terrain loading. I am using "test.sbx" as my scene that I am loading so the heightmap is called "test_height.raw".

Thanks for the response though.

EDIT:

Gah, I am such an idiot. LoadScene() does load the terrain including all the textures, heightmap data, and the alphamap data. I have been freeing the terrain the whole time with the command FreeEntity(scene) inside the ProcessScene() function and trying to replicate a task that has already been done for me. Freeing the scene from memory deletes the terrain because the terrain is parented with the scene entity. I was over complicating such a simple task. :)

Play Our Latest Game: Relic Rogue