C-API Manual

kennar

This is pretty nice. You should make it printer-friendly though, and not use so much background colors and use also 2-sided page layout, so I can print it like a book.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

sure, if it makes you happy... but unlike what you implied, it doesn't prevent you from printing it 2-sided. but why even print it out? The links allow you to navigate quicker than flipping through hardcopy... and being an owner of a smart car, I would have thought you wouldn't want to waste paper on something like that :D

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

It's nice to read API manuals when travelling on a train or airplane, and you don't have your laptop with you and don't want to waste your mobile phone battery.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

both color and 2-sided page printing can be handled by setting your printer preferences...

If the margins are not set up for two sided printing, then there's nothing your printer can do about it.

What will happen if you try is that the "inside left" pages will be too close to the gutter, and if you've spiral bound, or even stapled the pages together you will have some words that are not fully visible. This is because in single sided printing, the gutter is always on the left - But for left side pages, the gutter should be on the right.

If your margins are set for two sided printing, then the "Top" "Bottom" "Left" "Right" changes into "Top" "Bottom" "Inside" "Outside". Now, "right" pages use the same margins as before, but "left" pages will flip the left and right margins, and the gutter will be on the right, not the left.

When you've done that, you can then safely duplex print and bind the pages, and still have it fully readable. I think it's the margins that Lumooja's getting at, rather than the ability to duplex print.

...But with all that said, it is still a very useful and valuable thing to have around to read. When I get round to read it, I'm sure it will be quite useful, so thanks...

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

A printer friendly version will likely be uploaded this evening after reformatting the longer function prototypes. This will provide the opportunity to eliminate the current hard coded margins, allowing TeX to handle book formatting without interference.

BTW, the point of highlighting was to increase readability, specifically separating the API from the description.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...