DoFile() with Abstract Doesnt Work

Shard

I would like to pack away the basic Lua classes like base, properties, etc so that the user doesn't have access to them.

I've found that when I do dofile("abstract::base.lua") in the windmill object, it works and loads fine but when I did it in the waterplane entity it didn't work and I received the following error in the Engine.log:

Loading model "d:/source code control/appiled project/current version/models/entities/environment/waterplane/environment_waterplane.gmf"...
Loading mesh "d:/source code control/appiled project/current version/models/entities/environment/waterplane/environment_waterplane.gmf"...
Lua error: cannot open abstract::base.lua: Invalid argument

Is there some way I can make all these dofiles abstract so that I can hide away all the basic Lua files?

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

dofile(...) is part of the Lua base package. It's not going to recognize any sort of abstract:: protocol. You need to write your own dofile/require/import/etc. routine if you want it to.

E.g.,

do
local p_dofile = dofile
dofile = function(filename)
	local cap = string.match(filename, "^abstract:.+)")
	return p_dofile((cap and AbstractPath(cap)) or filename)
end
end

MacBook Pro 15.4", Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 2.80GHz, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, GeForce 9400M 256MB, GeForce 9600M GT 512MB - Mac OS 10.6.2, Vista32