A Wall of Fog?

gordonramp

Is it possible in the LE. to ceate a Wall of Fog. A fog that you could walk into but not be able to see anything particularly, say just gray. I assume particles would produce something like this. Any ideas?

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

Is it possible in the LE. to ceate a Wall of Fog. A fog that you could walk into but not be able to see anything particularly, say just gray. I assume particles would produce something like this. Any ideas?

you could use distancefog, but it would make everything gray... and not some defined entity that you could approach. Or you could use a particle emitter... perhaps even implement the cloud shader on an entity...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Thanks, I'm looking through the 'Introduction to Particles' tutorial.

gordon, just add an emitter to a scene in the editor making adjustments as you see fit, and load the scene with your program. It can be all handled by lua script now.

macklebee's channel

Ah, so I placed an emitter object in the scene and have played around with the properties but so far havn't got anything that remotely looks like a wall or long ,thick object. Will have another go.. :mellow:

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

Ah, so I placed an emitter object in the scene and have played around with the properties but so far havn't got anything that remotely looks like a wall or long ,thick object. Will have another go.. :mellow:

eh, I got something ok looking by using the cloud01.mat from the rendering sky tut and using the properties settings of:

"area"="2,2,2"
"life"="50"
"material"="cloud01.mat"
"particles"="100"
"radius"="2,2"
"rotationspeed"="0.01"
"velocity"="0.3,0,0"
"waver"=".1"

perhaps even putting a second one as well but with the velocity in the opposite direction...

macklebee's channel

Yep, I got it working with cloud01.mat and the results are quite encouraging.. it will need more tweeking but it looks quite useable.. Thanks for the input:)

no problem... I actually liked the effect as well... maybe will try to work that in somewhere in my scene... :)

macklebee's channel