[NeW] Can I archieve this?

NaGo

Hello peeps :)

This may be irelevant, bit my cousin deceased a few weeks ago, and left me his workstation. :(

I have been a 3D modeler for quite some years now, and a week ago I went into Dark Basic programming.

However, when I got his rig set up on my office, I discovered that this Leadwerks engine was installed on his machine ( He has been a game developer for years ) - And well.. I made a little search, and found this community :D

Now, my question is as follows: In Dark basic, I am able to program my projects to, let's say - Shoot off an enemy's head. By loading a new object when the raycast is made, hide the old object/LIMB, place it at the same spot, and thats pretty much it. ( Even assign a ragdoll to the enemy while dead ) - Using a wrapped newton physics engine.

# Is this "feature" possible with this SDK, by coding it in C++?

I see the engine has lot's of potentiale.

Thanks for your time :)

Bones are childs of the model, so you can find any bone by name using the FindChild(model,"leftarm"); function.

If you want to completely replace some submodels you should rather build the model like a ragdoll from seperate limbs.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Thanks for your answers. I will definantly look into it when I have build a very basic engine.

I'm almost done with a lil' character of mine, and when the modeling is done, i'll move on to cut it into parts (Body, head, RightLeg, LeftHand, etc, etc).

I'm not very familiar with C++(YET) - But I'm a Very fast learner.

Pseudo Code:

If object (limb) Player, Head = HitByABigGun

Then Load object "Head-Shot.gmf", HS

Position Object HS, Object Position X(Player), Object Position Y(Player), Object Position Z(Player)

Rotate Object HS, Object pos............................................................................................

Hide bone/limb Head.

Assign ragdoll mechanism TO HS /

Or maybe.. Just add standart physics / collision to the object, and maybe a force :)

Weird code.. I know...

Hello peeps :)

This may be irelevant, bit my cousin deceased a few weeks ago, and left me his workstation. :)

Sorry for your loss.

You should send Josh your cousin's information and maybe he can transfer the license to you so you can get onto the developers forum's private boards. Perhaps if you can find the Updater on your cousin's computer, you can also supply Josh with the registration number for the SDK as well.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Sorry to hear that. I don't normally transfer licenses, but don't mind making an exception for you. Do you happen to know their user name on this forum, or have the registration key?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If object (limb) Player, Head = HitByABigGun

Then Load object "Head-Shot.gmf", HS

Position Object HS, Object Position X(Player), Object Position Y(Player), Object Position Z(Player)

Rotate Object HS, Object pos............................................................................................

Hide bone/limb Head.

In C#/a bit pseudo because my memory's off, it would go like that:

if (Mouse.I**** && Raycasting.Pick(ScreenPosition.Center) == player.Children["head"])
{
Model headShot = Model.Load("abstract::Head-Shot.gmf");
headShot.Position = player.Position;
player.Children["head"].Hide();
}

Thank you very much for your answers.

And thank you Macklebee and Josh, I't warms my heart :)

#Josh:

I'm unfortunaly afraid that's a no-go :(

I spoke to my uncle an hour ago, and he believes that my cousin recieved the engine as a gift (Not sure if birthday / christmas present).

From the editor.log I can see that it's "Leadwerks Engine 2.3" - But thats about as much as I can get :(

His name was Patrick Lemdahl.

Mothers name: Jane, and father: John.

Thanks for your concerns. You guys are great. :blink:

I can't find that last name anywhere. If you have a couple of email addresses he might have used or another name it could have been ordered with, please let me know. If it was a gift, someone probably ordered it with another name. If you even have their forum user name, I can use that.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Well, Josh.

We have never really had a "relationship" on the Cyperspace level, but I have a few nicks he might have used.

Woda, WodaWaist, Wowoda, Wildthings, Wilds, WodaWild.

Email is probably @gmail.com. (Not sure, tho)

I'm sorry for the limited information. :)

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Wilds : Last Active : Today, 10:09 AM

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog