Screen recording software

AggrorJorn

Does anybody know a good program for screen recording?

atm I am using camtasia for desktop recording and fraps for ingame. But I like to have a screen recorder that can record both the editor menu's as well as the editor scene in acceptabele quality. the game view itself doesn't have to be as perfect as fraps but camtasia is really not good for game recording and fraps can not record anything beside a game window.

Fraps is your best option.

Records almost any screen in high def and has bench marking software.

Trail is 30sec limit but paid version is only $30, quite worth it.

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

I used CamStudio for the full screen videos of my navArea Editor (the first 3) and it seems to work pretty well. It’s not as fast as fraps on the game play side but fast enough if you don't have too much going on! Fraps is the best but as far as I'm aware still only captures the game rendered part of the screen.

Is camtasia not up to the job then, it seems to have the best reputation out there for desktop recording?

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I have a license for Fraps but I have never seen an option to record outside the game screen.

Camtasia is very good software (lots of editing tools, text and caption support, sound editing, many output standards)but it lacks good ingame recording.

I will be trying camstudio for a change. thanks for the suggestions .