Minor and Major SDK Updates

Archon

This is most likely directed towards Josh... but seems like many of you practically work for Leadwerks so you may know, lol:

How does minor and major updates work toward the SDK owners?

From a previous post it appears that minor version updates were free, while major versions incurred a small fee. Will this be the case for future revisions of the SDK?

I am especially curious about the 3.0 update to Leadwerks if I was to purchase the current version (2.32) now.

Up to this point all updates have been free except from 2.27 to 2.3 which was a pretty major update. Leadwerks 2.4 will be another free update but I can say with pretty certainty that 3.0 will be another paid update.

I can't say about the upcoming updates but at the 2.3 update there was no difference in purchasing the entire engine or just the upgrade. Previous owners had paid 150 dollars for 2.28 and the upgrade was 50 dollars. If you want to purchase 2.3 now it is 200 dollars and the same will most likely be true for 3.0 although I cannot be sure of that.

Cheers!

Hi all...

... so what does it mean in the end? I.e.: I have purchased long time ago a license through TGC at the early beginnings of LE. So I have SDKs until 2.28?

And what if I would like to upgrade to the new, do I have to pay the full price? So I can't use decent c# headers on my old SDKs?

It's a little bit confusing with the version numbering although.

Thanx for any correct pointings.

Cheers.

Archon, if you purchase 2.32 now and upgrade to 3.0, it will be cheaper than just buying 3.0. The price may increase when 2.4 is released, so buy 2.32 now and get the free upgrade to 2.4.

alphabit, the upgrade period ended officially over three months ago, but I will send you a link to upgrade if you like.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi,

I was going to upgrade from 2.28 a few weeks back but decided to wait until 2.4 was released to avoid having to do upgrade to 2.3 and a few days later to 2.4. I had bookmarked the post with the link to the 2.3 upgrade via PayPal, but it still says version 2.3 and I don't know if it's still valid.

Is there a way to upgrade to v2.4 from 2.28? Has the upgrade price changed?

Thanks in advance!

Press any key to continue...