Leadwerks UML Chart

Shard

Please see the UML chart below.

I'm trying to make a UML chart for my program but I can't seem to find the program/template that it was made with.

I've tried Visio 2010 but it still doesn't look the same.

Anyone know how it was made?

post-26-052516300 1279267952_thumb.png

post-26-031981500 1279268062_thumb.png

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

This looks like it was mine :P

You need VisualStudio Professional if I remember correctly.

In VS Pro you have a button called 'View Class Diagram' in the solution explorer for each project. This will generate the right picture (well some adjustments may be needed).

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

I like to do the reverse, I usually start with the diagram and lay out the core structure, then delve into the code.

Anyone else do that commonly?

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

Haven't tried that yet, but yesterday I found something similar:

You can add a class to a C++ project, and it creates the .h and .cpp file via a Wizard. The amazing thing was that the formatting was 100% correct according to global standard, I didn't have to edit a single character as it was perfect: tabs, intendation, line spacing, pragma, void parameters. LEO is using the same style standard, so it works much better with VS than some wild coding/formatting style.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

That's good to know. I get bored manually adding files instead of classes in C++, so I will keep this in mind :D

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

I like to do the reverse, I usually start with the diagram and lay out the core structure, then delve into the code.

Anyone else do that commonly?

When you go to uni, you'll find out, that's how you're meant to do it.

You'll always get more marks for a system that doesn't work at all, but has a UML diagram. If you have something that partly works and has no UML diagram, then at uni level it will just get chucked in the bin.

Even if it's practically perfect, but there's no evidence of design: you'll be told that you're supposed to build whatever your design proposes, rather than propose something you've already built.

But now I'm finished at uni, for anything I need to build, a header file will do the job. In my mind, a UML diagram is comparable to a header file - It's just that non-programmers can't understand header files. They need some scribbly wibblies with pretty pictures to understand what you're prosing to build...

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

Yeah, I had similar things in Uni also, and it felt stupid and ineffective at that time, but today I find they did the right thing. Uni should focus on theory only, and forget about practice, since you're not supposed to code yourself anyway if you are smart, because then your skills are much more effective at a manager position where you just design theoretically and the (outsourced) programmers do what you say.

Another thing which is good when doing theoretical design, is that you have the documentation in Nassi-Shneiderman diagrams already before the code was written.

It forces also the code to be correct and bug free, since in theory you can't make non-working programs using that diagram. At least you can't make endless loops and paradox jumps.

Flowcharts are strictly forbidden at Unis for software documentation, because they are not meant for that. Even in Visio Flowcharts don't belong to Software documentation diagrams, but Nassi-Shneiderman does.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Now, unlike the UML diagram, I can instantly see a use for the NSD. Maybe in years to come I'll start to find that UML really is a good thing, but not right now.

Back to the original post though. At uni, we made UML diagrams in a package called Rational Rose, and if I had to do any at home as part of a project, i used the free community edition of Visual Paradigm...

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, is someone saw a component or lib, that allows creation of diagram (not UML. but not far from it)?

For example, user may click on the workspace and one box would appear, then he clicks twice and another box would appear, then he can connect them with line, move and resize boxes and finally get a chain like graph of all connected boxes?

Working on LeaFAQ :)

Btw, is someone saw a component or lib, that allows creation of diagram (not UML. but not far from it)?

For example, user may click on the workspace and one box would appear, then he clicks twice and another box would appear, then he can connect them with line, move and resize boxes and finally get a chain like graph of all connected boxes?

To tell the truth I don't really understand what you are asking for.

However, there is a free Diagram/UML tool called DIA. You can get it here

AV MX Linux

To tell the truth I don't really understand what you are asking for.

I mean, i want a component, where final user would be able to create dynamically some sort of diagrams, and i can control it (count, how many diagram elements there are, how they are connected and which data was added by user).

http://live.gnome.org/Dia/Examples?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=VictorStinnerAutotools.png - this is very close, thanks :)

Working on LeaFAQ :)