Questions before buying...

kya

Hello...

I have question about terrain editor in leadwerks-editor.

How works Painting on the heightmap?

I ask because i have problem with it,

when i choose texture for layers, (i meant 2,3,4, non-first base texture).

Editor going to freeze around 1 minute.

After that, when i trying painting something with this texture to this layer,

and i push left-button-down, again i must wait 1minute, after that i see just results

(one dot with this texture, after minute :///).

I tested this on downloaded free Leeval2.23. Do this version got bugs? or something?

or there every change texture or painting, editor make compressing to dds on the fly? or so? and because of this i must wait 1 minute?

I tested this on GF7300.

If will still be happen with full version what i will buy, then works with this editor will be very difficult.

Second question is, i heard about new version of LE3.0.

this version will be priced around again $200? or more?

cya.

sorry for bad english.

Yes, I had similar problems with a 7900 around that version. Did exactly the same and was practically unusable. I would not recommend using anything less than a 8800 for development work with Leadwerks.

On the second question, only Josh could tell you that but I suspect it is probably too early to know!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Version 2.23 is very old. Where did you download this? There is a new version available here:

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/page/products/_/tools/leadwerks-engine-r3

You can get a new graphics card that will run the engine really well for less than $100. I recommend a GEForce 9800 or 8800, but you could even get an 8600 for about $35 and it would be okay.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.