..i hate D3D..

Naughty Alien

..yeah..its ugly..im wondering, why big corporations use to claim that PS3 development is hard to achieve, while Xbox is just okay..PS3 dev is easier several magnitudes than Xbox 360, provided that you write your code based on tools came with specific SDK's(means from scratch)..i could say more, but i cant due some stupid NDA's..huh..just a bit frustrated, thats all ;)

Yeah, back when I was looking into DX everything about it was kind of a pain. It's like Win32 API programming. So many damn structures that have 30 fields that you need to fill out and pass to a function along with 12 other parameters.

Yeah, back when I was looking into DX everything about it was kind of a pain. It's like Win32 API programming. So many damn structures that have 30 fields that you need to fill out and pass to a function along with 12 other parameters.

..exactly..exactly like that..I mean..hey, to just draw one rectangle, over 15 lines of code man..and as you pointed, each line has so many fields/parameters....jeezz...huhh..

When will they make Phyre free also for non-PS3 developers? Can you make then PS3 and XBOX360 games with it, or do you still need some license from Sony and Microsoft?

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

..I dont know when they will release Phyre for non SDK owners, however its absolutely free for SDK owners to do whatever they want with it, no charge of any kind..only thing you cant do is sell it as your engine, but you CAN build up your own game engine with it and sell (Phyre is renderer, but very nice one)..it does work on PS3, PC (out of box, and within month-two on PSP too), and with small modification Xbox 360 and MAC..no license restriction as i said..but in order to compile anything for target platform, you must have license for it, means you already passed those 'crappy' paper stuff..but, my frustration was more over Xbox360 SDK itself..