German Sektion

KiteFuchs

Hi Josh,

can you make a german sektion in werkspace forum?

best regards

KiteFuchs

Hi. I'm not Josh.

But I'm totally against having other than English here.

In that case there must be a Swedish section also, and a French and a ... You get it.

English is the programmer/gamedeveloper language.

I suggest that if you want a German forum, why not start one in Germany

as I would do in Sweden if I wanted to speak with my Swedish friends.

Not that I will. English is just fine with me.

The just my simple opinion.

AV MX Linux

There are over 8000 languages, it would make no sense to have forums seperated by language.

Use google translator to view any website in any language:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=en&tl=de&u=http%3A%2F%2Fleadwerks.com%2Fwerkspace

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Having forums in different languages prohibit, say, german users from viewing questions and solutions on a dutch forum. Questions would be asked several times in different languages or others will go unanswered, simply because the person that holds the solution never visits the farsi forum.

Having forums for multiple languages (or even one) would be a very bad thing IMHO.

Having forums in different languages prohibit, say, german users from viewing questions and solutions on a dutch forum. Questions would be asked several times in different languages or others will go unanswered, simply because the person that holds the solution never visits the farsi forum.

Having forums for multiple languages (or even one) would be a very bad thing IMHO.

Why is it so hard for Germans to read/write in English as everyone else

can learn to do. Having sections in different languages will make small

islands of internal groups talking about there internals which most of

the others cant understand. I cant see any good coming from that.

AV MX Linux

I'm not opposed to the idea, especially for countries that do not teach English to everyone. Of the countries in Europe I have been to, I found the fewest English speakers in Germany. However, I don't know how we would implement it? Should we have a whole copy of the forum, with all categories, all in German? And another in Russian? And another in Swedish? Give me some ideas.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hey my english isn't too bad hehe.

I think an english forum only would be better and keeps all together.

Anyway, if you like a German forum why not start a community page with own content and forums?

Or just make a subforum and name it Leadwersk Engine - Deutsches Forum. The buttons would still be in english.

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

Google translate is a valiant effort, but I don't think those automatic translators can really do the job.

In general they translate much better than people who don't speak english. I've noticed that people do unnecessary and additional mistakes by thinking they need to change the words and their declinations, which would not happen if they just translated literally word by word.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Imagine what means to have another language forum. Maybe "they" will talk there something that could interest me but I will never understand what. Multilanguage is not a solution :blink:

I am not a native English speaker and definitely I do not speak/write very good, but I am trying to learn this universal language (also C++ :P) and I think all of us must do this :)

i5 2.7Ghz, GTS 450, 8GB Ram, Win7 x64; Win8 x64

rvlgames.com - my games

RVL Games Facebook Page, YouTube Channel

Blitzmax :)

I still think it not a good thing to have sections in different languages.

An example! Say I come with some great idea or explanation of something and writes that in

a non-English forum. Say a Swedish one. OK. That may be nice for me and my Swedish

friends, but all others won't understand that post and possible miss a good explanation

of something or a good idea. What's good about that?

Another example. Say that I have a problem and tells about that in my Swedish forum. I might

get some help or may not. Probably not as there are not so many readers that speaks Swedish.

I can't really see any point in dividing this into private sections for different languages

and think that Leadwerks would not benefit from that at all.

At last. My native language is Swedish and I have really learned a lot English by read and

express my self in English.

Edit:

And good luck Josh when reading and answering questions in all the other languages. You will need it :blink:

AV MX Linux

I'm also from Germany and I'm also against undersections for different languages. If someone will have a german or other language forum he may build up a fan forum in the specific language like it is done over at Blitzbasic. But with this together i don't believe it is currently a good idea to "split" the users by their language because of different points:

1. The userbase for each language is not that big that an own forum will need

2. This is quite young engine and the whole power and support should be bundled exactly where it is.

3. You can contact people in your language via PM if you have a question or need help translating a question to English.

My English is of course far from perfect, but i never had a problem to post a question and i doubt this will be a problem for anyone. Well, it may take a bit longer to formulate the questions but it is a good training for school and later jobs where english is needed nearly everywhere. At least english is essential for a programer you will find most technical papers in english, programming languages have mostly an english command set and most bigger support/help forums are english. Also it is no standard for technical communities.

PS: Standart gibt es nicht, oder sprichst du von Stehkunst? :blink:

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

English is essential indeed - i told that so many times before and it still seams valid for me, that youll learn faster with a medium you like e.g. watch english movies, read english comics, poetries, radio. I usually have www[dot]dict.cc open since my spelling aint good ( there is a good bunch of german boneheads over there, trying to flood the database with "verbal abuse", - but still ). Well, database - there should be a solution which simply takes the postsData, translates that in to whatever language and mirrors the original posts in that language, not perfect of course but maybe possible. However, @me is against a non-english forum, too. :blink:

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

German language is like english..! I don't know why it's hard for Germans to speak english! I can suggest Persian section too!!

here is my suggestion to support other languages:

when you want to post a topic, or a reply to a topic, in advance mode, you have a other language text box.

so you define your target language, and post your description there too.

original post will be in english and in corner of each post we can have an icon to inform us if this post is available in other language.

hope you understand my mean.. :blink:

if you don't I can describe more!

Omid Saadat

OD Arts Blog

AMD Phenom II X4 940 - Geforce 8800GTS - 4GB RAM - XP x86

AMD 6000+ - Geforce 9800 GT - 2GB RAM - XP x86 (Home pc)

Intel Core i7 - Geforce 310M - 4GB Ram - Win7 x64 (Laptop)

German language is like english..! I don't know why it's hard for Germans to speak english! I can suggest Persian section too!!

here is my suggestion to support other languages:

when you want to post a topic, or a reply to a topic, in advance mode, you have a other language text box.

so you define your target language, and post your description there too.

original post will be in english and in corner of each post we can have an icon to inform us if this post is available in other language.

hope you understand my mean.. :blink:

if you don't I can describe more!

I like that idea :)

That's a really good idea Omid.

You just need to learn english, there is no way around it!

That's basically the first language you need, before you get into any programming languages.

I'm german and i know there are 10000+ times more tutorials available, when you search in english :)

I don't know why it's hard for Germans to speak english!

The english of many people i know is very poor. Most people at the age of ~50+ never had english in school.

The young with a non academic education often lack in english, too.

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

I know that because here is the same.. but as you told there is no way to run away from learning english! so we should practice ourselves.. :)

Omid Saadat

OD Arts Blog

AMD Phenom II X4 940 - Geforce 8800GTS - 4GB RAM - XP x86

AMD 6000+ - Geforce 9800 GT - 2GB RAM - XP x86 (Home pc)

Intel Core i7 - Geforce 310M - 4GB Ram - Win7 x64 (Laptop)