Solids instead of collision callback

AggrorJorn

Yeah, sadly the best we have from within the editor is to have predefined model's and their physics attached to them. It's kind of cumbersome if you want tons of triggers of all varying size but sadly it's all we have right now :D

I agree that would be ideal. If he would give Lua the ability to have bodies created from Lua to have collision callbacks this could be simulated without CSG, but he hasn't done that yet. I wouldn't think it we be that hard to expose the set collision callback method to Lua and instead of a C++ function we define a Lua function as the collision callback.

We can do AABB manually too I guess with the bodies, although most likely inefficient.

yes, i do not see this being fixed until josh implements csg modeling into the editor... seems like that would be the most obvious and easiest method to create triggers of any size...

blender plugin for the win

do you know how EASY it is to make triggers and occlusion bodies and physics proxies in blender... plug it in plug it in

i'm making videos to show u guys whether you like it or not

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

forcing people to have to use blender to have this ability is not ideal... i'd prefer for this to be handled inherently inside the editor... if SDK editors for games 7 years ago could do this, there is no reason LE couldn't eventually be able to do this...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Yips those triggers are good to use as well macklebee :) thanks.

no problem... until something better comes along its basically the best solution right now. While it is a pain, I have a hand full of them of various shapes and sizes that so far have suited my needs.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

• 2 months later...