[Unsolved] Scaling - Josh?

Shard

Hey all.

I know scaling has had issues in the past but I thought that particular problem was fixed.

Currently I'm trying to run a trigger system that where I can drag and drop a semi-transparent box in the editor and then scale it however necessary to create a collidable trigger zone. Of course, the scaling doesn't stay after I close the window and everything in code goes to hell :/

How can I make the scaling stay correctly? In a situation like this, I can't create new objects in 3DS because each time the box is created is a variable size depending on the usage, i.e. a wide box for trigger on an outside map, versus a small box for a trigger on an inside level.

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

Yesterday scaling worked but lost the collision like all the time before. So nothing changed here.

Loss of collision is fine because I just parse in the object in code can create a Trigger object based off of it's properties.

Edit: I just updated to 2.32 but the scaling was just the same, not working.

simpleSigPNG.png

www.reikumar.com

Since scaling is not support by the physics system, collision won't work properly if you scale an object.

I am adding a new geometry type based on the CSG brushes used in 3D World Studio, and it will be better for triggers and zones.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Since scaling is not support by the physics system, collision won't work properly if you scale an object.

I am adding a new geometry type based on the CSG brushes used in 3D World Studio, and it will be better for triggers and zones.

I don't need physics. I just need the model position, rotation and size (after scaling) so that I can parse those in my code and then create a physics body in code. Is there some way I can do this now? The project is due in two weeks >,>

simpleSigPNG.png

www.reikumar.com

So... how about a reply?

simpleSigPNG.png

www.reikumar.com

The bug is in Editor's Save routine. It doesn't save the scaling from the model in Editor, but writes originally 1,1,1 as scale.

When you enter manually the correct scale values with Notepad++, then Editor loads them correctly, and also saves them correctly after that. But you always have to modify the scale values in Notepad++, since Editor keeps the model's scale value whatever it was originally when it loaded the scene.

You could make a lua script which prints the current scale values of the model on the screen, and then you can copy those values to Notepad++ when editing the sbx file.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

You could make a lua script which prints the current scale values of the model on the screen, and then you can copy those values to Notepad++ when editing the sbx file.

Or conversely maybe Josh could fix it and update the 2.32 download ... hows that for a radical thought :)

After all this has been pointed out many times before!

Failing that, if the functionality is simply un-useable due to the physics issue it would be better removed. People will continue to try to use it so long as it’s present.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Or conversely maybe Josh could fix it and update the 2.32 download ... hows that for a radical thought :D

After all this has been pointed out many times before!

Failing that, if the functionality is simply un-useable due to the physics issue it would be better removed. People will continue to try to use it so long as it’s present.

As stated before, I don't need scaling of physics, just the mesh itself which I will parse in code, so that method works. For now.

simpleSigPNG.png

www.reikumar.com

It's just a workaround for the fact that the editor still does not update the sbx file with the scale values.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++