Help i am new

first you need forum access to get to the good stuff i think.

but i don't know because i am still waiting for access.

i've done the 10 tutorials on cpp and ran into problems with the " how to lead a scene" tutorial which is probably discussed on the programming forum.

and the convert tools are found in the tools directory in your sdk folder as far as how i could find them.

but we are still waiting for the official autodeck 3dmax box before we can made models so i havn't looked into the conversion tools that much at this point.

but i would take a look in the tools folder if i where you, maybe thats what you are looking for.

with kind regards,

NivorbiaN

"Hmm, don't have time to play with myself." ~Duke Nuke'm

i've done the 10 tutorials on cpp and ran into problems with the " how to lead a scene" tutorial which is probably discussed on the programming forum.

you need this file to make that tutorial work.

http://developer.leadwerks.com/Tutorials/CPP/Loading_A_Scene_Files.zip

But the file is password protected. You might need to ask for a password if you've not received it already... (The password is NOT your registration code)

Ok tnx and Two more question is there any games made with this engine or simple one and can i make RPG with this engine i learning using the Visual Studio 2010 for C/C++

Sry for doblePost amm do i need this Tool for 3ds max any way ?? :)

There might be some small games, but I've heard of any big games that are finished yet. This engine can be used to make RPG. The only real limit to this engine is how much time you can put into it, making an RPG is no quick thing...

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

You can either wait for access and download the tool or you can export models with textures and animation manually from 3ds Max. You can export your model as an obj. Then use the objToGmf.exe to convert the model to gmf. You will also need to copy your textures to the folder of your model. Then you will need to make mat files for the textures.

This can be done without the tool, but the tool saves you so much time on this.

You can either wait for access and download the tool or you can export models with textures and animation manually from 3ds Max. You can export your model as an obj. Then use the objToGmf.exe to convert the model to gmf. You will also need to copy your textures to the folder of your model. Then you will need to make mat files for the textures.

This can be done without the tool, but the tool saves you so much time on this.

How i make .mat files for textures ?

Ohh and one thing can i use Speedtree 5 for trees ? :)

:unsure: and what ?

Save as .mat material with notepad like this:

mat.png

Make sure you choose "All files" instead of the "Text Documents", so it won't save as "name.mat.txt" ;)

Using Leadwerks Professional Edition (Beta), mainly using C++.

Windows 10 / Linux Mint, Visual Studio 2017. GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX970, CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz

Previously known as Evayr.

You can use speedtree to generate or make models of trees. Export one of these trees to a gmf object. Place the model in the models folder with the "vegetation_" prefix. This way use the trees you have made with the terrain editor. YOu can also place the trees manually by dragging them in to the scene.