C# SVN

TylerH

New version available: 1.32.8

Log message

- Updated the declaration of Core.EntityViewRange to the latest headers

- Added all the missing operators towards scalar values to Vector2, Vector3, Vector4 and Vector6

- Added missing key codes (Key.Print, Key.Section)

- Added ViewRange enum to use with Entity.SetViewRange

- Moved the static property Engine.Log to Logger.Enabled and changed its type to

bool

- Updated the LogMode enum values to the latest headers

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

It isn't truely public.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

I haven't had any issues.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

Thanks for the update ZioRed, but for 1.32.6+ ... whenever I import it says 'system cannot find the reference supplied'

VB VS2008 Express - Vista x86

mmh... well I'll download and install VB express 2010, I'd suggest to go to 2010 versions since however the DLL is compiled for .NET Framework 4.0 and you need to do some changes to compile it for 3.x or older (expecially for the optional parameters in the function declarations which all use the new syntax).

I will try and let you know if any issues.

@Lazlo: for the public SVN I suggested some other repository which allows private SVN like XP-dev. The thing is that we need to manually add any member and this is bad :/

again, I cannot see how a wrapper would influence piracy, a team who wants to sell games MUST own a legal copy, who don't sell mostly don't produce AAA games which is what LE needs :P

EDIT: @Rekindled: I tried a simple "Hello world" project in VB 2010 with the latest DLL and found no problems during compilation.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

I guess the problem is that you are compiling the DLL in .Net 4.0. Is there a specific reason for this?

Unless you are using multi-line lambdas, I don't see a valid reason to compile past 3.5. Think about what your user is going to have to download to play. This would force all XP and Vista users to install .Net 4 in order to play the game, which means a couple hundred MB with 3.5+

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework

"54 MB for .NET 3.0, 197 MB for .NET 3.5, and 250 MB for .NET 3.5 SP1"

"NET 4 installer ... being 54 MB and not embedding full runtime installation packages for previous versions"

Meaning... 300MB+

EDIT: Does C# really not have optional parameters before 3.5??

Does C# really not have optional parameters before 3.5??

Not until 4.0 (we had to create a declaration for any optional parameter, that was really ugly), less code with default value for optional parameters. This is one of the reasons that kept us on 4.0

For the weight of 4.0, why should your clients have to download instead of including it in your setup? It's quite easy with something like InnoSetup.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

Rekindled: You do not need the 3.x series of framework, 4.0 is perfectly functional on its own, and secondly, we only include a small fraction of the framework, 5-10 MB at max, and thus not everything is needed.

-----

-----

-----

Right click on the folder in which you would like to checkout your SVN working-folder and choose this URL as checkout URL:

http://leadwerks-csharp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

The solution and projects have Visual C# 2010 format. To succesfully build the solution you should set NO BUILD for the "Test" project in the build configuration or manually copy the engine DLLs and shaders.pak in the "Test" project, else you will have errors during its build.

svn1.png

svn2.png

I've followed all the instructions and can't get past one last error. It is asking for a file called app.config. Any ideas?

Win 7 Pro 64 bit

AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz

GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

4 GB RAM

Okay thanks.

BTW I noticed you have Recast Navigation in there. Are you guys doing anything with that soon? Because I just found this:

Best way to integrate with C#?

http://groups.google.com/group/recastnavigation/browse_thread/thread/6ebeb56ecf20e66c

Have a look at the third post for links. I haven't a clue if it is useful for Leadwerks or not, as it is for XNA.

Win 7 Pro 64 bit

AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz

GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

4 GB RAM

I joined the C# development team again :lol:

Committed r28 and r29. Fixes some usability complaints of the users.

Tyler is working on the Vector classes, marshaling, unmanaged interoperability and maths.

In other words, he makes it work, I make it pretty (as far as I understood). :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have checked out the SVN version.

When loading the solution in VS2010 it complains about a missing project file

D:\gamework\Leadwerks CSharp Headers\Leadwerks.csproj : error  : Unable to read the project file 'Leadwerks.csproj'. 
D:\gamework\Leadwerks CSharp Headers\Leadwerks.csproj: The project file could not be loaded. Could not find a part of the path 'D:\gamework\Leadwerks CSharp Headers\Leadwerks.csproj'.

AV MX Linux

I have checked out the SVN version.

When loading the solution in VS2010 it complains about a missing project file

The new wrapper has been moved to Assembla, but it seems to be still under development and locked, so we cannot download it. If you want the source for the version 1.32.8 (latest before the new coming) I can send it to you, let me know. Else we need to wait for a stable release of the new wrapper.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

• 2 weeks later...

Rick: Yesterday, Tyler created a custom Engine.DLL for us - what this basically means is that we have an extremely high access to accessors and other functions that we didn't even know existed. I updated about a third of the wrapper today to fit the changes, but I will still need about a week for it to be done.

Fear not however, you may use the current version. Some things will have changed, but they are mostly internal. Therefore, you may only have to adapt slightly when the new version comes out.

For instance, "Window.HasRequestedClose()" has changed from a function to a property. Therefore, you only call "Window.HasRequestedClose" (without the parenthesis) now. If you do not wish to revise your code for such conventions when the new version comes out, I suggest you wait. If you don't mind, however, feel free to start your project right now.

The official given delay for the new version is "within the month". I do think, however, it will be ready within next week.

Enjoy your development :(