Modular Building Pack

mdgunn

Have started on the CSG based (at least at first) modular building pack.

The idea was to help people construct rooms quickly and hopefully with some degree of uniformity. For example common door heights, wall thickness, level heights - this could be nailed down through docs instead though so there are other options to get some common specs in place..

Currently I'm not sure how useful this brush pack is for others.  I will probably use it myself as I quite like working with the limitations of brushes for prototypes so will probably take it forward a little more for myself at least.

I suspect that most people are already comfortable with their own way of doing things (which is fine) and that this may well not be that useful.  Still I'll probably do a test version and see if anyone thinks it will help.

building_brush_pack.thumb.png.9113ffa9de98a0d71858dcb8a1964e01.png

The prefab section allow rooms to be constructed rapidly around a central grid and also has some whole rooms and corridors like below.  However, so far these are quite boring and generic looking (partly on purpose to get a simple room actually in place).  Not sure if I will pursue whole room prefabs too much. Have yet to decide fully. 

The room below has been dropped in place of a single drag and drop action.  Unfortunately it's not a very exciting room! :( 

drag-and-drop_room.thumb.png.4ea2a93fed1c79602973be694ca95013.png

• Like 1

Uploaded the Brush Building pack to the repo.   Probably not ready for use but there in case anyone wants to comment.  Some things are certainly still in progress so if something is confusing, might be because not tidied up yet.

Here's what the building pack is looking like so far.

screenshot89.thumb.jpg.b56af2c0e2f7ea129f68eb2efef8cbc7.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Amazing. Where do I download this for LE

Dream since child of making games! From Game Programming Starter Kit 3.0, Blitz Basic, Map Creation since Duke 3D, Game Maker, Blitz3D (of recent..2023) and many other engines and years..... never really sticking to it with inner struggles that I've had to fight along with pushing to learn and acheive.

40 years old.. came across Leadwerks on Steam... Learning slowly but surely and loving it!

Learn with me or just watch me fail! at my random Youtube Channel, as I stream adhoc while learning and using LeadWerks and other game creating tools.

https://www.youtube.com/@wazmeister3151/featured

This is  very old thread.

If you re looking for some free models have  look at the leadwerks Workshop on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=251810&searchtext=&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems&created_date_range_filter_start=0&created_date_range_filter_end=0&updated_date_range_filter_start=0&updated_date_range_filter_end=0

There are also scripts that maybe of use.

If you are looking for mapping standards there is this thread by Josh.

It includes basic models for windows, stairs and doors.

Thank you!

I do not see a download button for anything? Asks me to subscribe which I do, but still no download?

Dream since child of making games! From Game Programming Starter Kit 3.0, Blitz Basic, Map Creation since Duke 3D, Game Maker, Blitz3D (of recent..2023) and many other engines and years..... never really sticking to it with inner struggles that I've had to fight along with pushing to learn and acheive.

40 years old.. came across Leadwerks on Steam... Learning slowly but surely and loving it!

Learn with me or just watch me fail! at my random Youtube Channel, as I stream adhoc while learning and using LeadWerks and other game creating tools.

https://www.youtube.com/@wazmeister3151/featured