Cant edit road textures???

tcmodder

OK well my trial has ran out and im just waiting on pay check to buy leadwerks.But the friend i was talking about remember?Well his name is jordan you will be hearing form him soon as he will be joining the forum soon.He is on the 30 day trial and i showed him how to edit the road but then i remembered i was having the same problem he is.After we edit the road to this http://yfrog.com/13normij a very simple change of the lines just to see if we can get it to work.We saved it then edited the bump map to this image and saved it over the old one i sent them to him he said he put them in the materials/roads folder and over wrote the old ones started up leadwerks evaluation kit and the road wont load.It shows the road node but not the texture.Whats going on i was having the same problem.When i save it from dxtbmp i save it as DDS DXT5 is that right?PLease help.

PS he will be creating an account soon hes at work and we found out this problem late last night.

xtremelogo.jpg

Your textures did the same thing for me until I copied the alpha channel from the original diffuse into the alpha channel of your diffuse. The alpha gives a soft transparent gradient on the edges of the road to help it blend with the terrain. I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up at all without one, it seems like it should show up just with hard edges, but it worked for me just fine once I added it.

It also looks like the alpha in the normal map is solid white (in yours and in the original). I would copy the diffuse into it and tone down the brightness until it is almost black. This is where it gets it's specular intensity from, and white is much to strong for asphalt (the .mat for the road has a .5 for specular, probably to compensate for the solid white alpha, but I would bump that value up and give it a more accurate spec map instead).

Vista | AMD Dual Core 2.49 GHz | 4GB RAM | nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

Online Portfolio | www.brianmcnett.com

well, that is correct for a spec map in the alpha of the normal map, but what solved the road texture not showing up for me was adding the transparency map into the alpha of the diffuse texture. There is one in the diffuse of the original road texture you should be able to copy over. It is mostly white, with thin gradients to black along the left and right sides, like this:

post-230-12698777619982_thumb.jpg

Vista | AMD Dual Core 2.49 GHz | 4GB RAM | nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

Online Portfolio | www.brianmcnett.com