.fbx and textures problem

psychoanima

When I am importing .fbx model in LE console is going like this:

Loading material

Loading texture

Failed to load texture

Deleting material

In Assets, I have geometry with black material assigned and textures in fbm subdirectory.

Then I have to manually link textures to black material. When I do that, some things might look inverse - normal map for example. When I open geometry in model editor normals are fine.

Can someone guess why I have manually to link textures with material and why normal maps are inversed?

Copy the statue.fbx file to LeadWerks, then copy everything from the directory statue.fbm to the directory the statue.mdl is in. It will automatically add the textures to the material file. Also if you open the normals texture in the texture editor you have to select "Normal map." LeadWerks only imports it as a normal map if you have _dot3 in the filename, like "statue_bump_dot3.png." If your icons are still black after that just open them and click save.

I hope Josh changes the import to search for a "model.fbm" directory for the material editor to pull the textures from.

• Upvote 1

---

Scott

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Core I7-2700K @ 4312mhz/24G RAM/Nvidia GTX 1060

Copy the statue.fbx file to LeadWerks, then copy everything from the directory statue.fbm to the directory the statue.mdl is in. It will automatically add the textures to the material file. Also if you open the normals texture in the texture editor you have to select "Normal map." LeadWerks only imports it as a normal map if you have _dot3 in the filename, like "statue_bump_dot3.png." If your icons are still black after that just open them and click save.

I hope Josh changes the import to search for a "model.fbm" directory for the material editor to pull the textures from.

Hi, thanks for advice. So yeah, I have to copy textures from fbm subfolder and to paste it in the same folder where the model is. Is that a bug? Cuz, it's quite redundant to me.

For normal maps, I have to flip Normal X and Normal Y, don't know why...

I have only recently learned of the FBM thing so I will look into that. (There are a bunch of different suffixes the editor will look for to find normal maps. I don't know them all off the top of my head right now.)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.