Drive in leadwerks???

tcmodder

Ok well as you all know there are cars in leadwerks like the monster truck and the bugggy.Well how do i drive them if i could just get that to work i could figure out how to get a game started?When i put the car in the scene and hit play i cant get in it i just push it.Whats going on???

Also could someone say witch would be the best way to go with programming?Blitzmax,c#,c++,lua script.In words witch would be easier?I have a bud that is trying to learn and i would like to help him out a little.I know c# but he cant seem to get a good grasp on it.Hes learning but just checking???

xtremelogo.jpg

Ok well as you all know there are cars in leadwerks like the monster truck and the bugggy.Well how do i drive them if i could just get that to work i could figure out how to get a game started?When i put the car in the scene and hit play i cant get in it i just push it.Whats going on???

:)

hehe... are you just using the fpscontroller.lua file? open up the driver.lua file and press play. it will load the viperscout and you will be able to drive it with the arrow keys

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

The book I currently use for practising C#: http://www.amazon.com/C-Students-Douglas-Bell/dp/0321176650

I have to say it's pretty good (a lot better then the previous books I bought.) I Personnaly think that learning a good OOP language like C# or C++ is the best. But it takes a lot of time(and motivation)...(and patience)...(and frustration sturdyness.)

For Leadwerks I'd say C# is not the greatest way to go.

I currently use C++ but I also used BlitzMax in the past and it was mosly the same(as in ease of use)

I will let you know once I have my license. I am definitely going the C# route because I am a pioneer. lol. I love C++ and C#, but I have grown to love C# more for application development, so I will see how well it plays with leadwerks. I used C# with another game engine (I don't want to plug another engine name in this forum) and it was fantastic!

Derik Wilson

Digital Kingdom Games

---------------------

AMD X3 Phenom II 2.8 GHz, 8 GB DDR2 PC-8500, BFG GeForce GTX 275, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"I'm not superstitious. I'm just a little stitious." - Michael Scott

"Did anyone violate an indian burial ground or something? Like park on it, or dig up a body?" - Michael Scott

I will let you know once I have my license. I am definitely going the C# route because I am a pioneer. lol. I love C++ and C#, but I have grown to love C# more for application development, so I will see how well it plays with leadwerks. I used C# with another game engine (I don't want to plug another engine name in this forum) and it was fantastic!

Don't be ashamed that you have other game engines as wel. Many Leadwerks owners are having different engines/programs laying around. Mostly Unity, Torque, Darkbasic etc.

You wont regret buying the license for the Leadwerks engine.