Imported texture resize problem

reaper2259

Hi everyone i am trying to import a texture to use as gui but the problem is that when ever i import it is resized to the power of 2, i understand this is from having the generate mip maps ticked but the problem is that this option is ticked by default so unticking it does nothing since the image has already been resized and i can find no way around this.

maybe i am meant to be doing png gui's different?

thanks for any help, also i know this isn't really a bug(i don't think) but didn't know where to post it.

Have you tried right-clicking on the texture and clicking reimport? Does that also reset the settings?

yes that just resets all the settings.

Uncheck it and press the Save button in the texture editor.

sorry but that doesn't work as the size conversion has already happened so hitting save just keeps it at the converted size

Double-click the tex file and choose Properties>compression>uncompressed. wink.png

this actually did work thanks but i have already went ahead and converted all my gui buttons to the power of two just with transparent backgrounds but i will keep this in mind for next time thanks.