Importing models from Blender with animations (again)

Angelwolf

I've made a model in Blender with two basic animations. The model also has one bone armature which is the parent.

Each of these animations shows in the dope sheet and has an F in front of them, which I believe is correct.

When I export these (either as .fbx OR using the Leadwerks exporter) the export is successful, however when I add them to my game, the animations do not appear to be there.

If I add an animated texture, the model disappears completely.

What am I doing wrong?

blender.jpg

leadwerks.jpg

Post the model or all we can do is guess. But since all we can do is guess, I would say the model's key frame animations were not exported correctly so there are no animations in the MDL.

Edit-- did you UV map this model? If not, try UV mapping before export, then when in LE add your animation material to that surface.

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I uploaded my model here. Don't worry, no sign up or anything despite it being a free hosting service.

it's the .blend file. It isn't UV mapped because that isn't something I know how to do yet. However I have, in the past, managed to export models with animations without doing that anyway.

Blender seems to have had some kind of update where the export settings dont have the same options they used to so I'm wondering if the animations are not exporting at all - but I can't find out how to fix that. I have watched so many tutorials and read so many posts and nothing seems to be working.

Ok, so after watching even more video tutorials, I found one which actually explains what all the numbers on the Action Editor actually mean. So although my model was rigged and animated, the 'brush' was not moving with the bone armature. Despite the two being parented, they also need to be linked within the Action Editor.

For anyone struggiling with this the same way I am/was,

was the one which finally gave me the answers I needed.

Macklebee, you were essentially correct in suggesting that the model was exporting without the keyframes.

• Upvote 1